How We Met

I wake up. It's warm, too warm.

I look at my alarm clock (in all reality it's my phone) and realize that I've slept in an extra hour. Fuck! I thought. First day of senior year and I'm going to be late.

I get up and hurry to get dressed. I look at my phone again and see a text from my best friend. I ignore it and rush to get my makeup just right. No time to do any extras today Anastasia. When I look at my phone again it's been 20 minutes.

I walk downstairs to my mom and sister fighting over what my sister is wearing. My sister, Alex, is a freshman this year at my high school. Alex swore over the summer that she was a "new" person and was going to grow up to be a mature woman.

I walk into the kitchen and look at my phone once again, the time reads 7:24 A.M.

"Alex, it's time to go,"

I grab some breakfast which usually consists of a muffin from Walmart. When Alex comes into the kitchen, I start laughing immediately.

"What in all good things and holy are you wearing Alexandria?"

"What's it matter to you, Stas?"

"Don't catch an attitude with me, I really wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself on your first day of high school."

Before Alex could say anything back to me, my mom walked in. As soon as I seen my mom I started to head for the front door. I get into my car and wait for Alex.

Let's see if today goes as planned.

...

As soon as I walk into school, I smell that familiar smell of B.O. and freshman. I look at my schedule and notice that we have a new teacher. I faintly remember being told that the oldest teacher in our school was supposed to retire but honestly, the past summer was a whole blur to me. I spot my best friend Tatum.

"Hey bitch, how was your summer."

I instantly look over at her because of her choice of words. How was my summer? Does she even have a right to say that? She left me the WHOLE summer to go to Paris. Out of all places, PARIS.

I think you know how the fuck it went.

"It went great T, I worked all summer and even made no friends."

She laughed. She thought I was joking. Jokes on her. We exchange schedules and find to have one class together, calculus. The class with the new teacher.

We say our goodbyes as the bell for homeroom rings. Let's hope I can get through 6 periods without killing anybody.

...

When I walk into Calculus, I spot Tatum talking to Nate, my ex boyfriend. I hold back a laugh and roll my eyes.

The bell rings and I sit in the back corner away from everyone else. The new teacher walks in and I realize that he isn't just some new teacher. He looks fresh from college.

TO BE CONTINUED...