Chapter 1: The past

"It was 2009, Kara and I were walking through town. We saw this... secret path through the trees although we were sure that it was someone else's property we were young and thought it was okay to go. As we moved away the trees to get through we noticed that clouds were coming. But it seemed okay because we thought we wouldn't be there for long. As we walked through the path we saw more and more rusted old metal pieces and tires. We thought it was because people dumped their stuff there. We were wrong. Someone...no SOMETHING lived there... As we kept walking it began to sprinkle and I turned around to ask her if we should be heading home. But she wasn't there. I looked around screaming her name. 'Kara!! Kara where did you go?!' There was no reply. I ran ahead through the path trying to find her. Until I heard a scream. I ran through the woods trying to find where it came from and then I came upon a swamp. I saw something. It was lying in the swamp unmoving and the water still. As I got closer I saw that it was... 'K-Kar-a...' She was dead... I didn't know what to do. Take her body back to the town... or leave it and go get help. I decided that I would take pictures for evidence in case the body disappeared by the time I got back. After I had taken some I ran back to the town screaming for help. When I got to the police department they ran back with me. The body was there but instead of being just dead it was mangled and disgusting. I began to cry hard looking at my dead best friend. I was comforted and then sent home. But the officers were convinced that I was scarred and suggested to my parents that I get therapy. Of course, without even asking for my say, they scheduled me an appointment. I was in therapy for years but nothing helped. Then rumors started coming up. That kids were exploring there, looking for paranormal things. It was blocked off for safety and evidence reasons. They never found out what happened to her." That's what I told my third therapist. She looked at me sympathetically. "I'm sorry that happened." She said, I knew she was sorry. Everyone was sorry. But they didn't do anything about it. "Well tomorrow is your first day of 9th grade! Are you exited?" I shrugged and looked down at my lap. "I bet you'll have tons of fun." Said my therapist. "Alright! That's all for today! I'll see you next week." I nodded, my eyes were tearing up again. This always happened whenever I told the story.