The Forbidden Room (Completed)

Thanks for clicking on this story! If you enjoy stories with a mystery, gothic settings, twists and a bit of romance, then you're in the right place!

I hope you enjoy your time reading this short story and I would be forever grateful if you voted for this chapter (and every chapter). I would love to know your thoughts as to what might happen next.

***

**A Blue Beard retelling** Based on Charles Perrault's fairy-tale, this YA Historical Fantasy short story set in Victorian England mixes romance, magic and mystery.

After agreeing to an arranged marriage to escape her greedy relatives, 18-year-old heiress Amelia moves into her husband's manor determined to start a new life. But the gothic mansion's forbidding surroundings, the servants' strange demeanour and her husband's mysterious past soon awaken her suspicions. If Amelia truly wants to become the lady of the house, she'll have to discover what secrets lie beyond closed doors and unravel the mystery of the old house's forbidden room. But sometimes secrets are kept for a good reason...   

***

Cover artist: @seventhstar

***

Copyright © 2017. All works posted here are the property of EM Castellan. Please do not use without permission. Any duplication or reproduction of all or part of the work without explicit permission by the author is illegal.