Something Dark

Broken glass and paperwork scattered the floor of the Queen's study. The windows were missing and her desk was split in two. Rainwater poured in from outside where it fell.
Dirt was thrown across the room from the small plant in the corner. The room was completely destroyed. Thankfully the queen herself was not present when the destruction had occurred. If she had been, the results would have been devastating. I myself, journeyed down to see the damage. Guards were stationed at the doors. Their faces unseen beneath their helmets. I stopped at the door. Once they saw my face, they nodded and let me pass.
  I walked into the study and the chief guard walked over to me. His green eyes were glazed, as if he had lost sleep.
  "Ah, princess. How are you?" He asked in a concerned tone.
  "I am well," I answered while walking towards one half of the desk. A small ornate box was sitting next to a shattered tea plate. Small writing was carved into the top. I felt some of my anxiety fall away. "It's still here?"
  The chief nodded grimly. I gently opened the small wooden box and saw what was hidden inside. One corner of my mouth lifted slightly as I let the lid fall shut.
"Keep it safe." I whispered.
I pivoted on my heel and walked out of the room, the faint sound of a beating heart fading as I left. With my head held high, I glided down to the throne room. My mother sat on her throne, looking dignified. Her striking blue eyes met mine. She smiled a little.
"My daughter, " She began, "how are things my child?"
"Things are well, mother."  I replied pushing my auburn hair over my shoulder. The queen stood, silver gown glistening.
"It is safe then?"
I nodded. "It is." My mother walked down to me, her arms wrapping around me.
"I'm glad you didn't fail me." She whispered. I pulled away.
"I would never."

Like and comment!!!!