Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

A/N: I thought I'd spoil just a bit. I have a lot I want to write about. This story will not follow the show. 560 words! Enjoy!

The knock on the restaurant's door made Eleven stand up fast, but Benny gripped her shoulder.

“We're closed. Don't worry. I'll get rid of them.”

Benny left the small girl sitting alone in the kitchen while he went to answer the door. Eleven shook as she grabbed onto her yellow shirt that Benny let her borrow. She had a feeling she'd have to run.

“Ah, Chief Hopper. Thank you for coming down. I called social services but with the way she is skittish I thought a bed for the night would be better.”

Eleven's eyes widens and she hid behind a cabinet. Who was this new stranger? She was so very tired and she was tired of having a to always be on her toes.

Benny walked into the kitchen bringing the man wearing a brown uniform and a hat.

“Hey, Eleven? This is Chief Hopper. He's very nice, he's going to let you stay with him for the night. We this would be better than sleeping in a kitchen. What do you say?”

Eleven's brow tightened as she thought about her options. She supposed it was better than sleeping on the cold ground. With a nod of the head she gave her approval of their plan.

“She doesn't talk much. She also had no clothes other than a hospital gown. I gave her the shirt. I can carry-”

Benny was cut off mid conversation with Hopper by another knock. This time Eleven saw genuine confusion. She knew something was okay, so she hid, but this time behind Hopper, only because he has a gun.

“Who could that be? Hold on Chief.”

The duo watched Benny go answer the door.

“We're closed ma'am. Whatever you have we ain't buying.”

Benny tried to shut the door as the lady began to talk, “Hi, I'm from social services.”

Benny was surprised he could have sworn they said it wouldn't be until tomorrow.

“Oh, I was expecting you guys until tomorrow. Come in, she's in the kitchen, you sure sound different off the phone.”

Time stood still as Hopper and Eleven heard a loud bang. Eleven took off running. But she wasn't alone, Hopper followed. He tried to make sure the newly found child was okay as well as protect her. They both slowed down as they lost sight of the lady and her goons.

“I'm taking they were for you. For fucks sake, what did they do to you kid”, Hopper said breathing hard from running.

“Bad...men”, was all Eleven could respond.

“Yeah, I can see that. Come on. Let's go to my place and clean up. You're safe now.”

The two walked silently as they made their to Hopper's home. Hopper eventually picked the skinny child up to protect her feet from more ablations. They were already filthy covered in blood and dirt. Eleven never felt this kind of comfort before. Not from what she could remember. Eleven was determined to take advantage of this. That was until Papa got her again.

For once, Eleven slept with ease, right into Hopper's arms. Her head pressed on his shoulder. Feet and arms dangling. They probably looked like they were father and daughter. Something Eleven craved.