Prologue: Part 1: Day of the ninja

  In an old village a young girl, Nya Smith, forges a sword in a blacksmiths workshop. She pulls the blade from the fire and sticks it in a big bowl of water. When she pulls back her blade, it is all warped and brittle. A laugh is heard. Her elder brother sits in an old wooden chair, laughing at her mistake. "KAI!" She yells, angry. "Not my fault you went to fast." He says in a cool and even tone. He gets up and walks over, taking the blade from her hand. "Let me." He says. He beats the blade against the counter, shattering it in seconds. He tuts before grabbing a different blade in need of repair. He lays it over the fire and fixes it real quick, once he pulls it back, he watches as it cools from glowing red to nice grey metal. He looks to Nya when this is done. "Let it regain it's color before settling it in the cold water. If you don't wait, it won't come out right." He says before settling it in the water. "Now, why don't you man the shop while I finish up the repairs. I know you want to be a blacksmith, but if you keep refusing to take your time and keep up never listening to my lessons, then it isn't going to happen sis. You asked me to teach you, but you refuse to listen to my lessons. I might be forced to drop you as my apprentice if you keep this up, and remember, I'm the only blacksmith willing to teach a female." Kai warns her sternly. Nya sighs and rolls her eyes before heading out to the shop, grumbling all the way.  

  She sits at the counter with an impatient look to her face. An elderly man walks in. He has short grey hair and a black & white outfit resembling a gi. He carries an old bamboo staff with him that has inscribing on it in an ancient language carved in. He gives Nya a good once over before smiling and turning to look at the merchandise. He taps a samurai suit with his staff. "Tools for a samurai, but nothing fitting of a ninja? No shurikans, no nunchucks, only swords and katanas? The armor is good and heavy, perfect for throwing your weight around, but useless for stealth." He says, looking around. Nya comes out from behind the desk and up to the man. "Your a long ways away from ninja in these parts sir." She says before standing tall in front of him. "Now, if I may, please do not insult our merchandise. I ask that you either buy something or leave before I have to call my brother." She says sternly. He smiles more. "Thought I'd find someone special." He says before turning to leave. Nya looks confused. Someone special? What?  

She shakes her head as she turns to go back to the desk. Her brother comes out. "I heard mention of me?" He asks. "Just some crazy old man." Nya says. "What did he say?" Kai asks, setting some swords up. "Just going on about ninja and insulting samurai." Nya answers, waving her hand around to dismiss it. "But... It's strange. He mentioned looking for someone special instead of something. It's weird. You know what? I bet he's just crazy!" She says, feeling frustrated. "I don't know Nya, the elderly are very wise. He may have had different reasons then what you think. Maybe something big is coming our way." Kai says in a calm tone of warning. Nya huffs. Not believing him.

The next thing the siblings know, the sky turns dark and a loud engine is heard. They look to see giant vehicles rolling into town that where purple with skeleton designs. "What the?" Kai says before Nya runs out in samurai armor with a sword to fight as skeletons jump off the vehicles and attack. Kai runs out with two katanas. The siblings fight, having each other's backs the entire time. The old man shows up after a while and fights with his staff. Nya & Kai end up separated as the fighting continues. Then a big skeleton comes over and ends up fighting Nya. Nya is fine with it, until he shows his second set of arms. She then freaks and panics, but fights anyway, knowing she must protect her village. 

The skeleton puts her on the ground with a kick and when the old man shows up, the skeleton backs up one step before getting cocky again. "Garmadon, your looking rather old and senile." He says threateningly. "Your spinjitsu looks rather rusty to." He gloats some more. The old man, Garmadon, smirks. "Nothing like bone to sharpen it's edge and rejuvenate ones body Samukai." He counters with a small chuckle at the end. Samukai throws his daggers, Garmadon doges perfectly, but they hit the water tower and it starts falling, aimed for the girl trapped on the ground by armor to heavy for her. Garmadon uses his spinjitsu and saves her just in time.