Anniversary|| {x-factor!larry}

i still think its dumb and predictable but idk i havent updated a one-shot in a while

“But I don’t want to!” Louis whined from is spot on the bed, it was nearly noon but he still hadn’t gotten up.

“It’ll be fun, I promise.” Harry cooed down at Louis from his sitting position.

Louis refused to do anything on one of their few days off from their busy X-Factor schedule. “I want to stay in bed, I don’t want to learn. I’ll burn something.” He pouted.

“I’ll be right there.” Harry soothed, playing with Louis’ fringe like he loves to do. “We can make mozzarella stuffed chicken wrapped in ham, and then mashed potatoes on the side.” Harry teased.

Louis gave him a glare, “Quit bating me in, that sounds delicious.”

“So let’s make it!” Harry smiled.

Louis sighed, he knew from the start he was bound to give in. “Oh, alright.”

“Get a shirt on, then we can drive down to the store to get what we need.”

Louis huffed as if annoyed, but really he couldn’t think of anything more exciting or romantic. His crush on Harry was getting ridiculous but he liked to ignore it and just follow after Harry’s lead. Harry was a flirt and he was very touchy with Louis, but he doubted it was anything real or serious. They hadn’t talked about anything but there was a silent agreement between the two that seemed to keep them from crossing a sort of line: they were both incredibly shy and insecure and maybe a little confused too. Harry didn’t know Louis felt anything for him, didn’t think it was even possible really, seeing as there was nothing special about him. But harry was well aware of the way his own stomach did flips when they touched. Still though, when it came to each other’s feelings, they came to a standstill and prevented from purposefully doing anything that might scare the other away. If only they knew.

Louis drove them to the store and they had fun messing around on the shopping carts before actually taking anything seriously. Harry hummed to himself as he gathered everything they needed and Louis stood by helplessly because he didn’t really know what he was doing. Every once in a while Louis would toss something random in their cart and giggle as Harry frowned at the paper towels or an ice cream scooper or a hair net.

“Oh!” Louis gasped, “Cake, we need cake. Chocolate cake to be exact.” He smiled, running over to point to a small chocolate cake that was beautifully decorated with chocolate and vanilla frosting. There were fondant flowers on there and it read Happy Anniversary in a pretty cursive.

Harry looked it over, “It says Happy Anniversary though.”

“Harry,” Louis whined, “I can’t believe you forgot our year anniversary!”

Harry repressed a smile and frowned seriously, “Right, right, I can’t believe I forgot! Shame on me.”

“Shame!” Louis scolded, picking it up gently to set it in the cart.

“But you know what this means, right?” Harry asked mischievously.

“We’re getting laid?”

Harry couldn’t help but smile then, but he shook his head. “We’ll need wine.”

“Of course!” Louis said, “Can’t forget that.”

They both bit their tongues to keep from giggling. It was usually a competition between them to see who could go along with the joke the longest. Louis bought the wine since he was old enough, and then paid for the rest of their things to go back home. It still wasn’t dinner time so they put everything away and instead had one of the snacks that were already there. They spent the rest of the day with the rest of the boys, though they mostly just stayed in their room and took turns playing Pokémon and FIFA. Louis and Harry exchanged glances like they always do when they’re in the same room together. They snickered at each other for no particular reason, but it wasn’t anything out of the ordinary.