hahaha *sobs*

lonely night- taeyeon

Eunjin POV

I left the blushing Taehyung on his couch and ran as fast as my short legs could carry me through the cold weather, earning myself a soft pink flush, runny nose, and watery eyes. Anyone could have mistaken me for someone who was crying, but jokes on them because I'm always crying on the inside anyways hehe.

I finally arrive at my house, breathless but glad to find that there was no nagging old bag of bones anywhere near me or my house. I enter the house and prepare to fix the place up a bit, though it didn't need it much, however my ears are met with a ringing voice from my favorite room in the house.

"I'm in this sad excuse of a kitchen, half-pint." I mutter a string of curses as I take off my shoes head towards the sound of the seemingly-harmless-but-not-when-it-comes-out-of-her-mouth nickname I've been given the pleasure to hear. I don't even bother putting on a fake smile for my grandma as I walk into the kitchen. I find her sitting at the small, round table in the middle of my partly cloudy, sunlit cooking room, marveling at a picture of my parents I've placed next to some fake sunflowers as the crowning jewel of my table, with a cup of fragrant coffee. She most likely went through my kitchen in an uninvited manner to make it, and it doesn't take me more than a quick whiff and a glance at the cup to realize how she's made it to taste.

Dark and bitter just like her.

"To what do I own the displeasure?" I ask as I take a seat across from her.

"What a disrespectful little girl. Seongmin and Miyeong would have been disappoint-"

"I'm very sorry, my dear grandma, but did you come here to remind me of how terrible I am, something I already know, or because of something important?"

"I could cut you off from my generosity and then where would you be? Keep this in mind when you speak to me in such a disrespectful way, short stack. I've been very patient with you, don't test me. Anyways, I've just come by to see how you were doing. Just to see if I should continue to fund such an ungrateful granddaughter or not. But I think I've been too lenient on you up until now."

I can see where this is headed, so I lower my head to try to show some kind of submissiveness, the kind of behavior that usually quenches her conservative-thought fueled insults.

She continues to insult me in every way possible and I zone out until she stands up suddenly and pauses to look at me, like really look at me. This catches my attention, and I raise my gaze to meet her scrutinizing one.

"It's time you learn some respect, Eunjin," she says suddenly, which catches me off guard and contorts my face into a look of utter shock. She's my elder, but after all the unwarranted things she's said to me, not just today but all my miserable life since my parents died, she still has the audacity to say that? I stand to meet her face to face and put on my strongest look of anger.

"It's time you earn some."

My grandma = appalled. There is no hesitation and definitely no regret in her angry, squinted brown eyes as she raises her hand and slaps me straight across the face, the sound resonating in my kitchen and ringing in my ears. I hold back tears as I rub my red, hand stained cheek and look at her with defiance.

"It seems like you've got some cheek on you. I see where its from, Miyeong was just as cheeky to me as you and she wasn't even my daughter. I told Seongmin to marry a respectful young lady, but he just wouldn't listen to me. And once I finally learned to love her, she gets into an accident and takes my only son with her and leaves me with an ungrateful granddaughter." She yells and begins to tear up, and I feel a pang of guilt in my stomach. However, this guilt is short-lived as she opens her big mouth to speak once again.

"But hopefully this will slap some of the cheek off of you," she says as she slaps me again, this time on the other cheek to, in a seemingly ironic way, even out my suffering. She proceeds to shove me and I allow her and I can't help but wonder how she's so strong for such an elderly woman. But this is just me and my twisted view of her. She's actually younger than one would expect. Hence why she's beating me to her heart's content right now. I try my best to ignore the presence of her jabbing foot on my body, pressing my arm between her foot and the cold floor, and her balled fist bruising my eyes and so on.

When she's done what she can, she collects her bag and heads towards the door of the kitchen before she stops and turns to me.

"Maybe that'll teach you some respect, you brat. And I really wonder where you're gonna get these next two month's rent, because its NOT coming from me," she spits at me. She turns on her heels and stomps out the kitchen and then through the front door, making sure to slam it to get her point across that she's mad.

At least now I'm not only crying on the inside now.

A dry laugh escapes my split lips and I finally let gravity pull down salty water from eyes as it wants. I think back to how I nearly kissed Taehyung today and how happy he made sure to make me feel despite he himself suffering with a fever and bloodied and bruised body, and it seems like a lifetime ago. The painful realization of how I've never felt more lonely since my parents passed until now strikes me in a form similar to that of a hangover induced migraine. My tears begin to fall slowly at first, and then I let out a loud sob, letting my tears mix with my blood and spread across my blue and black face like roads on a map.

I'm about 600% done with today, 35% done with tomorrow, and if I had to rate my stress, I'd say I'm pretty close to 2007 Britney Spears.

im sorry for such a long wait! ): i try my best to have some chapters written before updating again though and right now I already have two chapters so you can expect a steady flow of chappies for you all these coming weeks!
Please anticipate it darlings~♡