Sleep Deprived

Clay sat on his bed listening to his tape again for the 8th time. He was so mad at himself for being scared to love Hannah. He kept asking himself "If I stayed with her the night at Jessica's party, would she still be alive?" One tear fell down his cheek. The pain he felt was unbearable.
"Clay?"
Clay looked around. He thought he heard someone say his name. He decided he was just crazy and laid his head back down.
"Clay?" the voice was just a little above a whisper.
"Um..hello?" Clay said as he sat up on his bed.
There was no response.
"Hey Helmet." Hannah whispered as she knocked on his bedroom window.
Clay jumped up from his nap and almost fell out his bed. He went to his window and opened it.
"What the hell are you doing?" He tried to cover himself as best as possible since he was only wearing boxers.
She laughed "We have shift tonight at the Crestmont and u said u would give me a ride remember?" Before she even finished with her sentence she was in his room. She looked around. "Nice room Helmet."
He smiled and quickly put on some sweats and a baggy shirt.
"Why didn't you just knock on the front door?" He asked her and she walked around observing his room.
"You have a terrible memory." she smiled "You told me to knock on the door and if u didn't answer right away to come through the window because that meant your parents are asleep."
He laughed "You really expect me to believe that I told u to crawl through my window?" he grabbed his uniform and started to walk out of his bedroom door.
She grabbed his arm.
"Nope. You gotta go out the way I came in." She looked out the window.
Clay laughed. "You're insane."
He reached for the doorknob again.
Hannah grabbed his arm and Clays heart fluttered. He looked at her and she didn't even realize what she was doing to him.
"Come on Helmet."
Clay looked around his cold empty dark room. He hated himself for not telling Hannah that he not only cared about her, but that he loved her. He was mad he couldn't be there for her. He was mad he couldn't wrap her in his arms and tell her that everything was going to be ok.
But unfortunately nothing was going to be ok.
Clay laid on his bed and cried until the sun came up.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
This chapter wasn't much. I know what the story is going to be about but I'm trying to find the best way to introduce it sorry guys!!😂