five

-The lunch table was abuzz, as always

-The lunch table was abuzz, as always. Dex and Keefe were going on about the new prattles flavor, "Levron Root", saying it was the best flavor since "Yalar Berry". Tam and Fitz were talking about Elementism, and what Fitz should probably study for the final, which he would take next week. Linh was absent from the group, and Marella listened to Tam and Fitz's conversation, staring a little too deeply into his eyes for Sophie's comfort.

As for Sophie and Biana, they were talking about their lists. "I got Zane Berklee on my list! What about you?" Biana asked gleefully, in an exceedingly good mood.

Sophie glanced at Keefe and Dex, who had their eyes on them momentarily, before they turned away to eachother. "No one I really know, except for Tam."

"Oh, really? I got Dex on my list, he's my number twenty nine, but guess who's my number one?" Biana asked playfully, leaning closer to Sophie.

"Who?" She smiled, glad there was some normalcy within her life: Biana.

Biana leaned in closely, her hand cupped around her mouth, and whispered, "Keefe!" Immediately, she straightened, beaming.

"Oh Biana! That's awesome! I know you really like him." She wasn't sure if she had ever seen her friend so happy.

"Thank you! I'd ask you who your number one is, but I already know," she winked at Sophie, and Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Foster! You got your list and you didn't tell me?" Keefe put his hand to his chest in mock-distress. "How could you? You must pay for your wrong doings by telling me where I stand on your list! I'm number one, right?"

She shook her head, "sorry Keefe, but you're not on my list."

Keefe's jaw dropped, and he fake swooned, "Sophie Foster, you wound me."

"Fitz and Biana can vouch for me."

Keefe looked at the Vacker siblings with anticipation. They both shook their heads now. Keefe leaned back in shock, "wow... I thought I would be on everybody's list."

"You can't be on everybody's list. That's impossible." Tam corrected. "There has to be variety."

Keefe leaned across the table towards Sophie. "Please tell me me he's not on your list." He stage whispered, and Tam rolled his eyes.

"Actually, he's my number twelve." Sophie laughed.

Keefe fell out of his seat and shouted: "No way!"

Just then, Linh walked over to the table, dark circles under her eyes. She stepped over Keefe and sat next to Biana. "Hey guys."

"Are you okay, Linh? You look tired." Sophie frowned worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Mom's been a little..." She pointed her finger and spun it by her ear. Ah, so the cuckoo sign is universal. "It's no big deal. Oh, and Biana, the last time I passed by your locker on the way here. It was open, so I closed it. You must have forgotten."