Part 1: Chapter 6

Thank you Crazy_Cartoon_Lover for just about everything! :)

Poppy was dragging a brown shack to the hungry trolls. She was nearing the bush when she heard a voice."Whats that for?" She looked up to see Branch. "Oh.. you scared me. In the brown bag is food for the hungry trolls." Poppy answered. "Cool lets take it in the bush then." Branch guided her in. She laid the sack down and the trolls came lumbering out. Poppy spread out the food. Branch stood in shock and surprise.

"Poppy this will last us a long time!" Branch hugged Poppy lovingly, "Thank you."

"Your welcome, Branch." Poppy hugged him back.

"There is a lot to go around, eat up." Branch called out, "We will celebrate because of Poppy" 

Branch brought Poppy to a private room to talk. He politely invited her over to sit next to him. She sat down willingly. "Poppy that was impressive that you brought food for us." Branch said, " We where starting to go hungry." "Your welcome Branch I thought you needed it." Poppy looked him in the eyes and they locked. After what felt like forever they looked away. Branch was blushing, and was trying to hide it.

Poppy wanted so bad to press her lips against his. They looked so soft as he spoke. She wanted to be close to him and bask in his warmth. She came closer to him and gently touch his arm. He was looking ahead of him like he was somewhere distant from her. Her touch was almost like she woke him up from a dream. He suddenly tensed at that moment. He looked over at her.

"Poppy I need to tell you something." He started.

He was cut off Poppy putting a figure over his mouth. "I know Branch." He looked at her with amusement. 

"You do don't you." He smirked.

"I do know." Poppy smiled.

She connected her lips with Branch's and melted into the kiss. His breath was warm against her lips. She let out a small moan when their lips where in sync. They parted for air and looked in each others eyes and they both smiled brightly. Poppy curled up on the bed behind her and Branch joined her for a short nap. They cuddled sound asleep.

How cute they are cuddling... A harsh voice thought. He wanted to dig into Branch's skin and wreck what Poppy sees in him. Branch and Poppy moved from the room and go to the clearing of the hungry trolls. Now's my time... A creature with golden feathers, part eagle in the front, and powerful back lion paws and tail, lounged at Branch and held him down with his front claws. He narrowed his eyes until it was slits.

 He narrowed his eyes until it was slits

"Back down Silvertalon." A voice commanded. Silvertalon looked over as Creek slipped out of the shadows, along with knights. Among the knights was Guy Diamond. Branch mouthed the worlds 'help me'. "Guy Diamond please retrieve Poppy from this wretched place." Creek pointed GD to Poppy. GD went over and grasp Poppy around her arms and took her back. "Now to take care of you." Creek cracked his knuckles. "Move!" He hollered at Silvertalon. Silvertalon moved away and guided the knights to get the starving trolls.

Branch backed up until he felt the soft leafs behind him. Creek breath was warm against Branch neck. Branch whipped around started. "You don't deserve to be happy, thief!" Creek felt good for doing this, but was angry at the same time. "Hand me the whip." He demanded to a knight. The knight handed it to him.

The whip lashed out cutting Branch's face. It also struck crossly on his throat, leaving a deep mark. Branch tried to block it with his arms only to be struck there too. He fell to the ground left utterly weak. Creek pinned him down and clawed his face with his bare hands. Flesh and blood was warm in Creek's hands. Branch's vision blurred and darkness crashed on him.

Poppy was in her room sobbing into her hands. "what.. will... they do.. to him.." Poppy manage to say. GD was sitting in a chair watching her. "Creek will lock away the hungry trolls and cut Branch's head off at sundown today." GD said calmly.

What..." Poppy screeched. She cried louder and slammed her knuckles against the door.

"I.. love .... him." Poppy whimpered.

"You what?" GD leaped to his feet, "Tell me everything."

Branch arm where tried behind his back and bruises where everywhere. Creek was behind him guiding to the the chopper that would soon cut his head off. The sun was setting and was reflecting off the metal.

Branch was lowered to his knee and head place in the area of the hole

Branch was lowered to his knee and head place in the area of the hole. The top piece was slammed against the other leavening Branch unable to escape. "This troll has been taking from use for years and never repaying, but now it is time to take back what we deserve." Creek announced. Peppy stood besides him. "The count down begins now.

"3...."

"2...."

"Wait!" A voice called...