41

1 year & 9 months later

"He's beautiful" Molly smiles as she hands Theo back to me

"Thank you" I smile back as I rest my head against Severus

Everyone leaves and Severus takes Theo off me placing him in his crib "You need to sleep"

"I'm fine"

"The doctor said you need to rest"

"No I don't" I reply before taking a sip of my drink

"Maybe a little nap" I mumble as I lay back down under the covers

Severus smirks at me and kisses my head "Sleeping draught"

I don't get a chance to respond as sleeps take over me.

Time Skip

"I can't believe you did that" I repeat for the 100th time

"You needed rest and now you finally got it"

I roll my eyes and carry Theo as we leave the hospital.

"And this is your home" I smile to Theo as we enter the house, not that he's interested as apparently sucking on his finger is more interesting then his house which he will grow up in.

The girls come over and greet their brother for the 2nd time of the day then I place him in the crib we have set up in the corner of the living room.

"Well I'm off to see Seamus, bye guys" Peyton smiles as she leaves the house

"I'm not happy with this" Severus grumbles as he sits down

"He's a nice kid"

"He is a menace"

"So what he isn't the best at magic, that doesn't mean he's a bad kid" I argue

"Do you know how many cauldrons he went through in just the first year alone?"

"That was the past, besides they're getting pretty serious so he could be your son in law" I smirk

"No way in hell"

I sigh and take a seat next to him "Give him a chance, she really likes him"

"Fine but I'm doing it for our daughter, I'm not having her ignoring me so I'm only playing along for the sake of it."

"Ok, you play along hun" I kiss his cheek and get up going to make a start on dinner.

Sage is in her final year of Hogwarts and is loving every second of it. She's even head girl and plans to work within the magical laws. She want's innocent wizards to not be caught up in problems like Sirius did. She misses him a lot but has accepted Severus as a father figure which I'm glad about.

Peyton is following her father's footsteps and studying Potions part time whilst working alongside Severus. As you may have already gathered she is dating Seamus Finnigan and things seems to be getting pretty serious between them.

"Rose, he won't stop crying you take him" Severus speaks over a crying Theo as they enter the room

"No, you got this"

"I don't, I tried everything you said to try. I'm not maternal enough"

"Have faith in yourself. Calm down cause babies pick up on your stress"

"I can't do it"

"Yes you can, just calm down and gently rock him"

He does as I say and the crying stops after a few minutes and Theo is fast asleep.

"I did it"

"See, I said you would" I smile and kiss his cheek before continuing to work on dinner.

This is a massive learning curve for Severus but it's a good one. He wasn't there when Peyton was a baby so I'm making it my mission for him to do a lot of these things with Theo so he has a chance to do it. I know he is going to try and palm it off on me a lot but I won't allow him, he will regret it if I do it all.

1 week later

"Theo please go back to sleep, I'm tired" I mumble as I rock a crying baby at 3am

"Let me try, he always stops when I do it" Severus mumbles walking into the room

He takes Theo off me who immediately stops crying and smiles up at his Daddy

"Alright no need to rub it in" I smirk

"What can I say? I'm the best"

"Cocky much. He's such a Daddy's boy"

"You're just jealous"

"Am not"

"Your face says different" He smirks as he places the now sleeping Theo back in his crib

"You did bring this upon yourself Rose by making me do everything"

"I was being nice, I didn't expect him to favor you"

"He favors you. He much prefers your singing than mine"

"That's cause you sound like a drowning cat" I chuckle as we get back into bed and I cuddle up to him

"Rude, but true I will admit"

If this is only the first help and Theo is the complete opposite than the girls when it comes to sleeping then God help us because it's going to be a long 6 months minimum.