It's ok to cry

My relationship with Reggie was one of the few things working properly in my life lately. Since my parents started their divorce process everything had begun to twist and it wasn't that I felt bad because of that, but the problems that it was causing me.

My father appeared almost every day at home to pick up boxes with his belongings and every time that he came it meant that they would argue and they would try to involve me somehow, that's why I would leave the house every time my father showed at home.

I felt anxiety taking over me every time I was alone, it was something normal spending hours spinning in my bed at night trying to sleep and that made me be really tired the next day, it was like living in a vicious circle.

Despite that everything changed when I was with my friends or Reggie, they were the best thing in my life and sometimes I felt like I didn't deserve them. But not everything was as perfect as it sounded.

The truth was that my friends don't think I should date Reggie, they just see him as the popular and mean jock that he seem to be when everyone is looking at him, but I know who he is behind that façade and I want my friends to see what I see in him. He even stopped bothering Jughead since we started dating.

For the rest of people in Riverdale High our relationship was like if Reggie had lost some kind of bet and that was the reason why he was dating me. They didn't want to accept the fact that someone like me was dating someone like him and vice versa.

That morning while I was putting my books in the locker I heard someone leaning against the locker next to mine and when I closed it I saw Reggie with a big smile in his face.

"Hey sunshine" I greeted him barely standing on my tiptoes to kiss him, luckily for me I was tall, so I was able to kiss him every time I feel like it.

"Hey beautiful" we liked to use affectionate nicknames in a funny way, even though I was starting to think he truly liked them. "Did you sleep well last night?" he asked putting his arm in my shoulders and leading us down the hall.

"As usual, at least last night I just had one nightmare" I said it as if it was the most normal thing in the world, I felt really comfortable talking with him about my problems, he knew everything that was in my head and I liked to think that I knew what was happening in his even though he didn't like to express his feelings towards the rest of the world "my mom wants to take me to therapy and put me on medication or something, maybe she's right and I'm losing my mind"

"She's right, you are crazy" I looked at him, frowning. I didn't understand what he meant "in a funny way" he added laughing when he saw my face and kissing my forehead.

"You are so funny" I answered elbowing him carefully and taking his arm off my shoulders but keeping his hand in mine "I'll see you later" I added trying to go to class, which was impossible because he didn't let go of my hand.

He drew me to him until I was standing just a few inches away from him.

"Try not to miss me too much" he joked before kissing me and leaving to his class.

I was paralyzed in that spot until the bell rang and I came back to reality, turning around and getting in class.

We were supposed to have history but the teacher instead of giving us the lesson of that day decided to talk with us about our future and what we wanted to do, I didn't like that subject so much. My parents wanted something for me totally different from what I wanted and at the same time I was terrified with the idea of me and Reggie breaking up if we get into universities too far away from the other.

I disconnected form the class and what the teacher was saying, everything around me turned into white noise and I just heard my own voice in my head, more distorted every time, it was being absorbed by its own echo.