Short Suspension

Half way through class the principal comes in with Amelia behind him, her face looking worse than I left it. "Hayley Michaels, my office."

"Saw this coming." I mumble, grabbing my bag.

Principal Gordon turns out the door with Amelia, I notice her limp on her left leg. "Did you just limp?" I ask her.

"Hayley please, this will be dealt with in my office." Gordon says.

"Did you just limp?" I repeat.

"Are you forgetting what you did to me this morning? It hurt." Amelia responds.

"My office."

"Not if she's limping. I didn't touch her legs."

"Hayley-"

"No. This is bullshit, she's exaggerating. I knew your face looked more fucked up than before." I snap.

"Language." My teacher reminds me.

"I know I'm in trouble for what I did this morning but I am not taking responsibility for something I didn't completely do." I explain.

"Look at me!" Amelia shouts, walking into class. "My face is already bruised and you probably broke my ankle!"

Quickly, I grab a drink out of Jordan's hand and throw it over Amelia. "Seriously Hayley?" Jordan questions.

"Just look." I say, crossing my arms. As Amelia wipes the water off her face her so called bruise wipes off with it. "I told you."

"Both of you my office!" Principal Gordon shouts.

"I'll come but you can check the security footage, I didn't touch her fucking ankles." I reply, flinging my bag over my shoulder before heading to his office.

All three of us sit in the office. Him on one side of the desk us two on the other. I watch his expression as he closely rewatches the tape.

"There is no evidence of her touching your ankle or legs." He says.

"I told-"

"But Hayley, I don't know how things were done at your old school but here it is unacceptable."

"Didn't you see what she was doing? Amelia Carpenter is a bully, if you had sound on your dumbass tapes you would see that. I am the only one in this school to stand up for people."

"You're not freaking superwoman, okay?" Amelia speaks up.

"Well right now you're looking like aqua man." I scoff.

"Girls this petty attitude needs to stop." He says.

"On the first day I offered her a spot on the cheerleading squad, I was nice."

"Am I supposed to be grateful?" I question.

"Yes, the team is very restricted and high quality."

"You just called me high quality, thank you."

"Sir do you see how annoying this girl is!" She exclaims which brings happiness to me.

"This conversation has shown how she views herself and other people."

"Ladies this is not the issues. I don't care about your petty arguments with each other, this is about this mornings fight." He says. "Hayley you have a short suspension of the rest of the day, you may return tomorrow but if this carries on we might have to look at transferring you."

"This is a joke." I mutter.

"Excuse me?"

"I said this is a joke. This girl bullies people and the worst part is it's right under your noses and you do nothing to stop it."

"Until you can bring me proof we cannot act on any of this." He says. "Please get your things and go."

"Bye." Amelia laughs.

"You too." He says to her. "You're seen starting the fight, you also may return tomorrow."

* * * *

"I can't believe I'm doing the walk of shame right now." Amelia frowns, walking down the hall with me.

"Walk of shame? This is the walk of freedom." I smile.

"Everyone is looking out the windows at us."

"Good." I reply, waving to Jason through the window. "See ya suckers!"

"Don't draw more attention to us." She sighs.

"Walk ahead of me if you want, oh wait your six inch heels won't carry you that fast." I scoff as we walk out the doors.