Bad nut

They walked down the hallway, along a red carpet.

"Without the boat, we will just have to move double times just to keep on schedule. There's far too much to see."

Rose wrapped her arms around her waist. Willy noticed and frowned sadly.

"Mr wonka?" Charlie asked. "Why did you decide to let people in?" "

Well so they could see the factory of course." Willy said.

"But why now, and why only 5?" Willy was about to speak but mike cut him off.

"What's the special prize and who gets it?" Willy smirked.

"The best kind of prize is a surprise!"

Veruca pushed mike out of the way, glancing at rose. Deep down, she felt sad for her. She didn't know why.

"Will Violet always be a blueberry?"

Willy shrugged. "No. Maybe. I don't know. But that's what you get from chewing gum all day, it's just disgusting."

Mike rolled his eyes. "If you hate gum so much why do you make it?"

Willy scoffed. "Do these kids ever shut up?!" He thought to himself. "Once again, you really shouldn't mumble because it's kinda starting to bum me out."

Charlie glanced at rose before looking at Willy. "Do you remember the first candy you ever ate?"

Willy stopped walking as he started to have another flashback. "No."

Willy slowly snapped out of his thoughts.
"I'm sorry I was having a flashback."

Mr. Salt pulled Veruca close to him. "I see."

Mr. Teavee looked at him oddly. "These flashbacks happen often?"

"Increasingly. Today..."

Willy looked at rose, a sad frown on his face. They continued to walk, until they got to the nut room.

"Ah this is a room I know all about. For you see Mr. Wonka, I myself am in the nut business. Are you using the Havermax 4000 to do your sorting?"

Willy shook his head. "No. Haha. You're really weird."

Veruca looked at rose and saw sadness in her eyes.

They walked into the nut room, where a bunch of squirrels were squeaking and opening nuts. "Squirrels."

"Yeah squirrels. These squirrels are specially trained to get their nuts out of shells." Willy looked at rose, who slightly smiled.

"You use squirrels, why not use Oompa Loompas?" Mr. Salt asked.

"Because only squirrels can get the whole walnut out almost every single time. You see how they tap each one with their little knuckles to make sure it's not bad. Oh look look."

He pointed to a squirrel, who was holding the nut to its ear. The squirrel then threw it over it's shoulder, towards the chute.

"That ones got a bad nut." Rose whispered as Veruca looked at her father.

"Daddy I want a squirrel. Get me one of those squirrels. I want one." Mr. Salt slightly smiled. "Veruca, dear ,you have many marvelous pets."

"All I've got a home is one pony and two dogs and four cats and six rabbits and two parakeets and three canaries and a green parrot and a turtle and a silly old hamster. I want a squirrel!!" She yelled as rose and Willy looked at each other.

Rose couldn't help but feel bad for Mr. Salt. "All right pet. Daddy will get you a squirrel just as soon as he possibly can."

Veruca shook her head. "But I don't want any old squirrel. I want a trained squirrel."

Mr. Salt only nodded. "Mr. Wonka. How much do you want for one of your squirrels? Name your price."

Veruca gave Willy and rose a fake smile.

"They're not for sale. She can't have one." Verucas smile slowly faded, her jaw clenching. She wanted a squirrel and she wanted it now! "Daddy!"

"I'm sorry darling. Mr. Wonkas being unreasonable."

Willy did a spot on impression of Mr. Salt. Veruca poured. "If you won't give me a squirrel, I'll get one myself!"

She pushed rose out of the way, making her stumble. Willy held her shoulders as Veruca slipped through the gate and climbed down the stairs.

"Veruca?" Mr. Salt said.

"Little girl?" Veruca looked around and her eyes locked on a squirrel, walking towards it.

"Don't touch that's squirrels nuts! It'll make him crazy!" Willy called out, Veruca ignoring him.

"Veruca I really wouldn't!" Rose was in fears voice. Even though she was a brat, she didn't want the squirrels hurting her. Or worse.

All the squirrels looked at her dead in the eyes. "I'll have you."

she went to grab it but the squirrels hopped off their seats and ran towards her. They all started to attack her as she tried to move away.

"Veruca!" Rose and Mr. Salt shouted at the same time. Mr. Salt tried opening the gate but it was locked. Willy took out a set of keys, and tried to open the gate. Veruca was now pinned to the ground, unable to move.

"Daddy I want them to stop!" One of the squirrels crawled onto her chest and knocked on her head.

"What are they doing?" Charlie asked.

"They're testing to see if she's a bad nut." The squirrel then made a squeak, Willy smirking. Rose's eyes widened in horror as she covered her mouth.

"Oh my goodness. She is a bad nut after all."

The squirrels started carrying her towards the chute.

"Where are they taking her?" Mr. Salt asked worriedly.

"Where all the other bad nuts go, to the garbage chute."

"Where does the chute go?!" "To the incinerator." He said creepily, which caused everybody to look at him.

"But don't worry we only light it on Tuesday's." Mike glanced at rose.

"Today is Tuesday!"

All the color drained from her face, her body shaking.

"Well there's always the chance they decided not to light it today."

They heard Veruca scream as the squirrels dropped her down the chute, then went back to their seats.

Rose looked at Charlie, her eyes completely wide.

"Now. She may be stuck on the chute just below the top. If that's the case. All you have to do is reach in and pull her out."

So Mr. Salt had fallen down the chute as well. Thanks to one of the squirrels.

An Oompa Loompa tugged on roses legging. She knelt down and he whispered something in her ear, her face filled with relief. "Just been informed that the incinerator is broken. So there should be about three weeks of rotten garbage to break their fall."

"Well that's good news." Mr Teavee said.

Willy nodded. "Well, let's keep on trucking."

BAD NUT IS GONE! It's two kids left! How do you think rose feels?