Chapter One

Amya was walking to school. Hiding her face in her hood, she fast paced to school. Suddenly she saw a flash of red hair and something tackled her down to the ground. Turning her head she then felt relieved. It was only her friend Nia.
"Howya doing? We were looking all over for you!" Nia helped Amya up, and she saw that her friend Zola was there too. Nia had bright red hair and tan skin. She spent a lot of time in the sun. Zola has long black hair like silk with bangs, and her fair skin made her look like a vampire.
"Sorry, I had a nightmare again..." Amya mumbled.
"Oh, well maybe you just need to calm down. Relax your mind, ya know?" Zola said. "Here how about we all meet after school and do some meditation at my house. Ok?"
"Ok." Amya muttered. She knew it wouldn't work, she was in too deep, and her thoughts wouldn't escape her. Unless they paid their debt. Still, it would be nice to relax with her friends.
"Yay! Nia shouted. "I'll prepare snacks!" Nia ran away, but then remembered she had school, and ran back towards the front doors while the bell rang.
Zola chuckled. "She is so crazy!" Then ran after her.
"Yea... Heh... See you after school!" Amya said as she picked up her backpack and sprinted towards the door. Her friends didn't know of their powers, and their decisions. They especially didn't know about their bloodline. And she intended to keep it that way.

After school Amya walked to Zola's house. She walked in through the door to find blaring music and disco lights flashing across Zola's house. Nia was dancing wildly in the middle while Zola is sitting there on the couch. Amya chuckled. Nia was such a free spirit.
"Amya! You're here!" Nia shouted as she stopped dancing and ran towards her. Zola got up and walked towards her.
"Greetings!" Zola replied. "C'mon in, Nia brought chips and dip." Amya walked through the lights and went into Zola's kitchen. Snacks were piled all across the counter. Nia and Zola walked in and sat on stools. "My brother Kai is here too, but he's fine." At that moment a dark brown haired head poked from out of his room. He was tall, skinny, and one year older than them.
"Don't mind me guys I'll just sitting silently in my room watchin' anime for the day. Bye!" He poked his head back in and closed the door.
"Heh your brother is so funny!" Nia said, playfully punching Zola in the side.
"No he's not kidding, he once locked himself in his room with chips and soda and watched Anime for the entire day! My parents were so mad!" Zola laughed. We all laughed a bit, and then a thought popped in Amya's head.
"Hey Zola, where are your parents anyway?"
"Oh, they're at this weird antique convention in Florida. They'll be back in a few days." Zola responded.
"Oh, ok."
"Well, do you guys want to start the meditation?" Zola's eyes sparkled as she spoke. Amya knew she was very passionate for the earth. She loved it, and would do anything to protect it.
"Ok, so where are we going?" Amya asked.
"Yea, I'm quite new to this whole relaxation thing, I'm always moving!" Nia exclaimed. Amya snorted, that was definitely true.
"We're going into my backyard! Our garden and relaxation area is just perfect for today!" They walked outside, and smelled the beautiful red roses. She loved Zola's garden, it made you feel like you were in a completely different world. Amya and Zola walked down the stone passage, while Nia skipped. They reached the relaxation area, with the familiar Buddha statue covered in ivy. "Ok, now we sit down." Zola said quietly. They both sat down. It was surprisingly soft and smooth for grass. "Now, lie down and face towards the sky, and close your eyes." Zola's voice was calm and soothing. Nia and Amya laid down, and closed their eyes. Amya was so relaxed she actually forgot her troubles for a moment, but then the darkness came. "Now clear your mind o f a n y t h i n g..." Zola's words were lost in a swirl of voices, young and old. Her memories crept around her. The debts she has, the fails she has made. Everything.
"Stop! Stop it! I didn't mean to! Why can't you leave me alone!" She then heard loud voices.
"Amya! Amya! Wake up!" She snapped back to reality to find her friends hunched over her, with worried looks. Then a gasp.
"Look! She's coming to!"
"Are you ok?" Nia asked. Amya held her head in pain.
"What happened?" Amya asked.
"We were practicing meditating when all of a sudden you started freaking out, but you had your eyes closed." Responded Zola.
"Yeah! You started shouting gibberish! Like some sort of code." Nia added.
"Oh." Amya put her head in her hands and felt the salty tang of tears dripping down her face. "It's all too much! I can't handle it!" Zola and Nia shot worried looks at each other, and then hugged their friend.

A couple of days later Zola and Nia were still worried about her, and Amya knew it.
"Look, can we just forget that happened? Please?" Amya asked her friends.
"No, I'm sorry, but you know we can't help but worry for you." Zola responded.
"Yea. You still haven't told us what's the cause of these bad nightmares, or even what they are about." Even Nia looked worried. Amya knew they were right. But she still couldn't tell them, no matter what. They wouldn't be able to handle the truth. No one would.
"Ok, well I have to go, bye." Amya said.
"Bye." They said. Amya walked off. Even if she were to tell them she wouldn't know where to start. Amya walked home and flopped on her bed. It wavered under her. Sometimes she really wished she didn't have a water bed.
"Dinner!" Yelled her dad. Amya groaned. She just wanted to lie down and wallow in her misery. Though she still got up and walked down the stairs.
"Hi sweetie." Her mom said. Amya mumbled a response and then sat at the table. Her mom put chicken noodle soup in front of her. "How was school?"
"Good." Amya replied, playing with her spoon in her soup.
"Are you sure?" Her dad asked.
"Yea, it was fine." She ate her soup and started getting up. "Well I'm tired, I'm going to sleep."
"Really? You usually don't go to sleep until 3 am!" Her mom joked. Amya faked on a smile.
"Yea, I'm just tired. Long day at school." Amya went upstairs and flopped on her bed. She pulled out her diary and began to write; "Chapter 260: Today was fine. But my friends are still worried. I can't tell them yet. I just can't! But if I ever do, I hope they will understand why we had to make that choice." She put back her diary and forced sleep to come over her. "Please no bad dreams tonight! Please no bad dreams tonight!" She thought. But Amya knew that they would come. She felt the bone-chilling grasp of a wrinkly hand on her shoulder, and shrieked. She turned around quickly, but nothing was there. Then the blank room started to shiver, and blurry objects lined in front of her. The things became clear, and when she saw what they were, she turned her head quickly, frightened by what she saw. Three necklaces, woven in ivy. They all had a third of a glass heart, the end, the middle, and the other end. All a deep blood red color. Her brain said no, but her heart had to look. She picked up the necklaces, and turned them around. They all had the same familiar words. Amya read them with a whisper, barely being able to speak. Where the ivy grows, and the evil stops, that's where you prophecy lies. A being so pure, had one fatal mistake, and they must cure what has died. The necklaces slipped from her hand, and they fell with a clatter. Her blood ran cold. She finally knew what she had to do, but she was scared.