The Rest of the Day

(Y/N's P.O.V)

We walked downstairs together, but went silent as we heard Joel playing a song on the piano.

Dave and I quietly made our way to the couch. We wait for him to finish. We clapped for a few seconds. "Joel, how the heck??" I ask.

"Practice. Loads of practice." Joel said.

"Well we're all good at something. We should make some sort of song together. Joel, you could sing, Y/N, you and I could play instruments!" Dave said. Joel laughed.

"Dave, I only have this piano, a guitar, and a Viola..." I say.

"You only have it. All of us have way more instruments." Dave said.

"That is true. If we use all of our instruments together, we have all the instruments we need." Joel said.

"So it would be BoyIsActuallyInABand Instead of BoyNotActuallyInABand?" I tease. Joel and I chuckle.

"Ha... ha..." Dave said.

"Wait, guitar and viola? That's a lot of money! Including the piano, that like a billion dollars." Joel said.

"It was a lot of money. It's up in my room. Wanna see?" I ask.

They both said yes and I started upstairs. They stood at the bottom of the stairs.

"What are you waiting for, you coming?" I ask.

"My mom told me that you shouldn't go into the bedroom of the party host. It's rude." Joel said.

"Oh. Okay. Well I'll just bring it down here then." I say and head up to my room. I came back down with the guitar.

"Can you play something for us?" Dave asks.

"I can play a song that isn't finished, would that be okay?" I ask. It wasn't the song I was writing about these two, but whatever. I started playing, and finished at where it would stop on the paper. Joel sat on the couch.

"Guys, I actually need to go home and record something. People think I'm dead enough already." Dave said.

"Aww! Well you go and satisfy people with your brilliant music. It was nice seeing you again." I say. I go up and hug him.

"It was nice seeing you too! I promise I'll come back here sometime." he said. He said something, which I wasn't quite paying attention to, and then left.

I walked back over to Joel. "What about you, don't you have to upload a video?" I ask.

"I uploaded one yesterday, but I'll do another if you want. I can do it from my phone. It's already edited and crap." Joel said.

"I mean....You don't have to if you don't want to." I say.

"No, no, I didn't know I was so great!" he said. We both laughed as he got out his phone.

"Joel, I swear to the Ganges River, do not post that!" I say. I climb on top of him in attempt to snatch the phone.

"Y/N, the forces are against you right now! You just can't get it from me!" he said with a laugh. He stood up, making me fall. I got up, and it was even harder to get it.

He started recording my attempts.

"Give it to me!" I say.

"Why do you need my phone anyway??" he asked.

"So you can't access YouTube. You can't post that video!" I say.

"But what if I want to?" he asks. I tackle him back onto the couch. I'm sitting on top of him for a brief second before taking his phone.