2 | Reunion

(y/n) was far from being just shocked at seeing the very man from her dreams (memories)

(y/n) was far from being just shocked at seeing the very man from her dreams (memories). With the way he called her name just now, it was pretty obvious that they met in the past, but how and where? 

If only her memories weren't forgotten. 

If only she could recollect the life she had lived up until now.

With her mind reeling, she hadn't noticed Frankenstein kneeling in front of the other male and calling him 'Master'.

The black-haired male instructed him to get up and move to sit down on the sofa, and Frankenstein stood to the side. They both didn't fail to notice (y/n) still stood in her original spot looking dazedly at the floor.

The ravenette motioned with his eyes and Frankie steered her to the sofa. She sat down next to him and that was when she snapped back to reality. The sense of familiarity only grew more profound as she sat close to the man's side, and familiarity began to sprout in her chest. He stole a glance at her from the corner of his eye and a smile glinted within them, but it was gone before Frankie and (y/n) could tell it was even there.

The silence was broken in the room by Frankenstein, who detected the tension between the two on the sofa by him saying, "master, how have you been?"

"I just woke up."Just woke up?

(y/n) was startled slightly as pictures suddenly sprang to mind.

The black-haired male being led to a coffin. Him speaking to who she presumed to be Frankie and someone who looked like her, but slightly different.

And then her lips opened and sounded out the man's name...

"Rai." Two voices overlapped as the memory her and the present her said his name. For the present her it came out as more of a whisper, but the male beside her still heard it. His hearing was exceptionally good and he wouldn't have missed a sound. Especially the voice of the girl beside him.

He could listen to her voice forever.

Be that as it may, he pretended he hadn't heard it and continued to look ahead - being his typical regal, noble self. Because he was indisputably the most prominent person out of all the nobles.

"How long was I sleeping in the coffin?"

(y/n) had more of an understanding of the conversation that was happening before her and could follow along. Things still didn't make complete sense to her, though. For years she had had to deal with a broken mind and memories that were nothing more than a puzzle. So why was it now that Rai had awoken and appeared before her, that pieces were slowly coming together? Everything was moving and becoming clearer.

"We don't know when you went to sleep, but we last saw you 820 years ago."

820 years... That really was a lengthy amount of time and even if (y/n) didn't remember, she had some idea of her true age. Hearing it out loud was still a shock, nonetheless.

"We searched everywhere after you disappeared, but we could not find you, sir. I'm so sorry."

"We did indeed look for an extensive time." (y/n) even without knowing how exactly it all went down, still knew how she had felt at that time. Plus Frankie had filled her in on most of it.

Frankie was determined to find out how his master had woken up, where he had and why he had disappeared for so long.