one

"why'd you drag me to the mall?" haseul asked her best friend, junsun, as she walked by his side.

"i don't you already. i need to get more clothes," he rolled his eyes.

"i know that but why did i have to come along? i was perfectly fine staying at home," she said.

"i brought you with me because you never leave your house unless it's for work or to get food."

"i like staying home. there's nobody around to annoy me."

"haseul," he began as he grabbed haseul's shoulders, "you can't just stay in your house forever. how are you ever going to make more friends?"

"i can't handle having more friends. you're enough."

"whatever. let's go to this store first," junsun pointed to his left.

"i'm going to get a drink. i'll meet you in there in a few minutes. do you want me to get you anything?" haseul asked.

"no, i'm fine. just hurry."

"yeah, whatever," haseul walked off.

haseul hated coming to places like this. she didn't like other people. she preferred staying home and communicating with people through her phone or computer.

sometimes she even pretended the actors on tv were actually there with her and she'd try to have a conversation with them. honestly, it was a sad life. she knew the way she was living wasn't healthy but she didn't care.

after buying her drink, she made her way back to where she was supposed to meet junsun. she looked around for a while before seeing a familiar back.

"there he is," haseul whispered as she walked towards him.

"hey, asshole. find anything yet?" she laughed as she shoved the man.

when he turned around, confused, haseul realized that she had made a mistake. the man in front of her was not junsun.

"oh shit," haseul whispered.

"excuse me?" the man asked.

"i am so sorry. i thought you were my friend," haseul said with her eyes wide, "you looked just like him from behind. you're even wearing the same shirt."

"oh, i understand. don't worry about it," he smiled.

"well i'm just going to go find my friend," haseul said awkwardly as she started backing up a bit.

"yeah, that's probably a good idea," he laughed.

"um... bye," she said as she quickly turned around.

"wait! what's your name?"

haseul turned back for only a moment to answer with, "kang haseul," before turning and quickly running away.

the man chuckled at her awkwardness as he watched her run away. he was hoping this wouldn't be the last time he would see her.