Chapter 5: My Mission

Alexandra's POV

I opened my eyes. "Good afternoon Alexandra," Christine said.

"Afternoon?" I asked.

"It's been three days since you collapsed," she said.

"Time keeps passing by," I replied as I sat up.

"Drink this," she said as she handed me a cup of tea.

"The noble girls, they are alright?" I asked after I took a big drink.

"Yes, they are safe and sound."

"And you and Lynn?"

"We are alright."

"And Aaron?"

"He's was worried about you, even stayed by the door after they brought you in, but he left the next day after coming to see you."

"He left? Where?"

"No one knows, but Elliot told us not to worry which of course makes us worry even more."

"I have to-"

"If you even think about going out and trying to find him I will strap you to this bed. You still need to recover."

"But Aaron..."

"Is someone who can take of himself. He survived a long time before you came along."

"But Christine..."

"Look I know you care for him, a blind person could see that, but you can't risk your life for his all the time. Besides you'd be useless in this state, you may be awake but your body is still recovering; it is still weak. So rest or I'll make sure you don't leave the guild." She turned and stormed out of the room. I knew it was hard for her to see me injured like this, but it was the hazard of being an assassin.

"Alex, good you're awake," Elliot came in and said.

"Hello Elliot," I greeted.

"How are you feeling?"

"According to Christine I'm weak."

"But how do you feel?"

"Good."

"Good." He handed me a letter. I looked at the seal it was the king's. I opened it and read it.

"What does it say?"

"The king wants me to go to France, as a diplomat."

"Why?"

"We cannot fight forever."

"Why send you?"

"Because I can protect myself and I can handle myself in Court and he can trust me to make the right choice for our country."

"I am not letting you go there alone."

"There is no choice the king wishes for me to go alone."

"Why?"

"To show our bravery and so they will not undermine my decisions."

"I shall be sending Cecil and Joel with you and perhaps a few others."

"Elliot, the king wants me to go alone, do not disobey his wishes."

"Can I at least send Cecil to accompany you to the port?"

"That should be acceptable."

"Good, when do you leave?"

"In a week which means I should leave in the in a day or so."