12. Real Life

lizzie wakes to the smell of bacon being cooked. sluggishly, she drags herself from her bed, slips on some fluffy socks, pulls on a dressing gown, and wanders into the kitchen.

there she finds a wonderful sight. luna in a oversized knitted sweater (which looked suspiciously like one in her closet), knee high socks, and some short pyjama shorts. lizzie leans against the door frame, feeling warm with the domestic atmosphere.

"do you want an egg in your sandwich?" luna asks without looking away from the stove.

lizzie jumps slightly in surprise, "uh, yes please." she moves forward and takes a seat at the island, grasping the hot mug of coffee when its placed in front of her.

"so, what's the plan for today?" luna asks, as she cracks two eggs into a pan.

"i don't mind," lizzie takes a sip of the coffee. "what do you want to do?"

luna places the cooked eggs onto the sandwiches, she brings them to the kitchen island and takes a seat besides lizzie. "chill day?"

"chill day," lizzie agrees.

the two sit in silence for the rest of the meal, soft background music fills the space. It's nice, and lizzie could get used to this.

lizzie is jolted from her thoughts when luna suddenly appears behind her and hugs her. "You okay, lulu?"

luna hums in response, "i just like spending time with you."

lizzie smiles as she sips her drink, "i like spending time with you too, honey."

luna takes a step back, and leans on the counter looking at Lizzie, "do you want to hear some on my new music?"

lizzie starts to nod vigorously, "oh my god, yes."

luna laughs as she walks over to lizzie's wireless speaker on the counter.

lizzie could really get used to this.

maybe we could go to coney island

maybe i could sing the national anthem

buy a white sweater for the last white day of the summer

buy my purple wig

for my mermaid video

walk back to where we live in my motel on neptune avenue

you call me lavender, you call me sunshine

you say take it off, take it off

you call me lavender, you call me sunshine

you say take it off, take it off