Chapter One

Casey -

Cassie and I stood within the crowds waiting for the Falling Graces to arrive on stage. How we managed to get the front row tickets was a beyond my knowledge, but at the moment I was glad to be there.

We heard footsteps and soon the crowd went wild as three people climbed onto the lighted stage. Taking a good look at them my eyes widen at the sight of one of the members of the band.

My eyes trailed down him and I took in the sight of the golden brown hair fell neatly in front of his face to his long lean body that looked well muscled.

As if he felt my eyes on him, the man turned his attention to me and I found myself drowning in a pool of liquid emerald. Those eyes looked strangely familiar, yet I couldn't place where I had seen them before.

Unexpected heat sizzled as we continue to gaze at each other. The strangest feeling continued as he picked up his guitar and started to sing without breaking eye contact with me, a little smirk on his face.

Warm tingling raced down my spine as I listened to his powerful voice sing a Italian serenade. As the last note faded away the crowd went wild again and I felt my face heat up as he winked at me before strutting back down the stage.

Not surprisingly bells rang inside my head warning me to stay away from him as I stared after him. I felt my arm being shaken and I glanced over at Cassie who was looking at me curiously.

"What?" I asked warily not liking the smirk that was forming on her face. That look usually meant she was about to tease me about something.

Luckily I was wrong. "So what did you think of the song?" Cassie said with a shrug of her shoulders. "You seemed to have like it a lot for it looked like you were in some sort of a trance."

"Eh?" I paused to think. I couldn't decide whether I like it or not." I thought that the song was alright, I guess." I murmured, trying to get the wink and cocky smile out if my head.

"Alright... Just alright?" Cassie asked me before noticing my wary look and said, "Cace, you okay? We can skip the rest of the concert if you don't feel good."

I quickly shook my head and replied, "No sweetie, I know how much you wanted to go to this. I'm fine really. I guess I just stayed up too late yesterday finishing up on my project." Which wasn't a lie. I did stay up late working on it, so I could hang out with her without any interruptions.

Seemingly satisfied with my answers, Cassie smiled at me and nodded her head before refocusing on the musician that had come back on stage. Once again the crowd went wild and I got lost in his eyes. Ugh...

The concert lasted for quite some time. By the time the last note faded into the air, the sky was dark. Everyone slowly trickled out of the stadium in groups chatting about how great the concert was.

I started to follow the crowds, but suddenly Cassie nudged me hard in the side. Confused I stopped to look at her. "What is it?" I asked her rubbing my now sore side.

She didn't reply. Instead Cassie looked straight ahead with a stunned look on her face as she pointed at something or in this case, someone. The lead singer was heading our way with a rather determined look on his face.

"Crap," I hisses underneath my breath, "Cass, we gotta go." I tugged hard on Cassie's arm, trying to get her to move.

"But why? I've always wanted to talk to a pop star." My best friend whined, not at all wanting to go. I rolled my eyes desperately at her and shook my head pleadingly.

However before either of us could say anything more, the velvet voice that we had been listening to all night spoke. "Ladies, did you enjoy the concert?" From his tone, I could tell that he wanted to say more, but didn't.

I watched Cassie start to hyperventilate as she struggled to find the right words. Rolling my eyes at her, I huffed and muttered, "Yeah, the concert was wonderful." I really didn't want to be there any longer.

Rich laugher washed over me like warm water, making my insides melt. I mental led tried to will myself not to look over at him, but I lost. Looking up, I saw a wicked smirk appear on the guy's face as he mused, "Really mio caro? You sound really convincing." He gave me another wink and my face heated again.

"No, really!" Cassie squealed, finally finding her voice. "It was really good. We both loved every second of it." There was the starstruck look in her eyes. I shot her an annoyed look. Ugh, typical Cassie to fall into another man's arms.

The man glanced her way and gave her a nod of his head along with a smile before running back to me again. "I was just teasing you two. Thank you bella. I was wondering..." He started say something, however I cut him off. I knew what he wanted and I was definitely not interested.

"Thanks by no thanks. I'm not interested. Cassie let's go now." I grumbled and pulled the now protesting girl after me and leaving a stunned pop star behind us.

"No wait, bella." He called after us as he started to follow, "Please it's just for a quick drink or two. I have something to say..." I ignored him as I sped up my pace. My heart thudded heavily in my chest and my breathing grew heavy as I severely paled. This was just like the night I broke up with my ex-boyfriend.

Seeing my change in behavior, Cassie stopped protesting and grew alarmed. "Cace? Oh god, you don't look too good. Forget the drinks, let's get you out of here." She grabbed my arm to steady me as we hustled out of the stadium. Behind us, I could hear the footsteps slow down before stopping all together. But I didn't stop to check if he had stopped or not.

Hopping into the car, I pull out of the parking spot and started to drive out of the lot. However out of the blue, he appeared out of nowhere and I screamed in fright. Not wanting to get into an accident, I quickly swerved around him and managed to get on the road. I droves a couple of miles before I finally realized that Cassie was trying to stop me.

"Cace, stop. Pull over and let me drive. You're shaking so much it making me nervous as well as nauseous." She pleaded looking at me concernedly. I looked down at myself and realized that I was shaking rather badly and that my knuckles had turned white from gripping onto the steering wheel that tightly.

Taking a deep breath, I nodded my head and pulled over to the side. Gentle fingers pried my frozen ones off the steering wheel. "Easy love. It's okay. You can let go now. Slide into the back seat and rest. I'll drive you back to Cash's place." I heard Cassie whisper into my hear. I robotically nodded my head and forced myself to do so.

Pulling open the back seat door, I got in before curling up into a tight ball. I closed my eyes and heard the driver's door close as Cassie got in and started to drive. Warmth flowed over me as she turned on the heater for me. Relaxing slightly, I allowed myself to slip into darkness as exhaustion claimed me.