+ thirty four

+ thirty four

the next month, my mother was back at the school. this time she had been assigned to empty out the recycling bins after school. and the building was nearly empty when i saw her. jimin and i had been in the library trying to do some research for our costumes we'd wear for our final project.

but instead of researching, we were making out half the time. that was until the librarian asked us to go home if we weren't going to study.

i saw my mother and asked for jimin to go ahead.

he said he'd wait outside and disappeared down the hallway. i looked both ways before greeting her, not completely over my fear of getting caught as the daughter of someone poor.

"hello eomma," i said in something of a whisper. part of me asked out of courtesy, while the other was hoping she wouldn't be coming by the school anymore and ruin my story about being a rich girl. "are you almost done with your hours for the semester?"

as i turned around to walk with her, i saw jimin standing not three feet away from us.

-

tbh so many things in novelas and stories could be avoided if people could just be smart about things. but if people are smart--then you don't really have a plot. a dumb protagonist, or someone who makes a ton of bad decisions, makes things interesting.

thank you all again for reading.

-clary