Chapter 3

His father, Alpha Nolan, had stepped out of the car; a beast of a man. His stature, massive with muscles bulging from every part of him and his dominance seemed to roll off of him - everyone could tell he was completely an Alpha male.

I remember Luna Selia joining him, standing beside him as he put his arm around her waist and she was telling him something, their eyes locked on each others but then would glance to us for a second and then flit to the car. Their males came next to them and that's when I saw him, for a moment we were both stunned staring at each other and I had felt like it was only us there.

When he started towards me that's when I panicked, taking a step back wanting to be shielded by Luca or Beta Gaelan, but both had moved out of the way knowing what me and Adonis were to each other. Inner turmoil struck me in that moment where my wolf wanted to run to him, let him take us away for the start of our new life together as mates but I had Tom's face in my mind, his hand was the one that held my heart not this males.

A roar of pure unfiltered rage came from him, my eyes had snapped to his at the sound as he stared at me then with disgust. He had stopped his advancement towards me and now I saw he was flanked by his brothers, their father stood next to him and I heard his words clearly "What's wrong, son?"

My own form of defense had been built in front of me, Beta Gaelan and his son Taeo were in the shoulder to shoulder position with me in between their large forms, but I had been far too petite as my head barely reached their shoulders. My father was flanked by my brothers who stood as a wall in front of me, my mother behind me but I knew if any threat was to come to me she would be one of the first to react - a true mother wolf.

Tremors shook my body as his words were growled out, poured into the ever growing gloomy atmosphere around us "She is impure" he had stated, his repulsion at his own words had leaked from his body, making the stench of disgust pungent in the air. My shoulders slumped forward, head dropping as I couldn't bear to see his loathing and betrayal shine through his eyes any longer, his feelings had pierced by skin.

"Liar" my father had roared, his shoulders had squared in a clear threatening stance "I would not lie about that" he had snarled in response sending another wave of tremors through me - I didn't know if it was from hearing his voice or his words.

"Corinna is this true? Are you tarnished?" my father had asked, his eyes that once held nothing but love for me now look accusatory - already knowing. "Yes" I replied, seeing his disgust flash through his eyes as he growled at me, stepping towards me as the Betas moved aside giving their Alpha space, my mother being pulled away by my brothers.

"Who? What male did this to you?" he snarled but I gave him no answer, I would never betray my true male like that "Lucian" my mother had said wanting my father to calm down "Is he in this pack?" he had asked, turning his back on me to walk away, trying to push back his wolf.

'Who is it?' Taeo mind linked me, he had been mine and my siblings best friend but I knew we had something else, something more and I had thought he was my mate as he had told me he wished we were mates - we had prayed to the Moon that we would be. But my feelings towards him had changed since Tom, I had forgotten about mine and Taeo's relationship I only wanted Tom and I knew Taeo was confused, he had voiced his hurt to me;

"What happened Corey?"

"Why don't you love me anymore?"

"I love you, don't do this to me!"