Help Me...

Mephiles ran, trying to avoid the hedgehog behind him. He was tired and hungry, he just wanted to lie down.

Silver flew, struggling to catch up. He knew that if Mephiles kept going like this, he would collapse from fatigue.

"Mephiles, please stop! You'll faint if you keep this up!"

"Leave me alone! Just LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Mephiles tried so hard to stay away from the albino behind him, but he was starting to slow down. His body couldn't take much more. Against his will, he slowed to a stop, leaning on a tree. Panting angrily, he watched Silver slow down and stop a bit in front of him.

"Why do you chase me?" Mephiles asks.

"Why do you run?" Silver asks back.

"Leave me alone."

"Not until you get help."

"I'm fine."

"No you're not."

"I want to be alone!"

"No, you don't."

Mephiles couldn't stand it, but Silver was right. He honestly wanted nothing more than for someone to hold him and tell him that everything would be okay...

"I know you're hurt, Mephiles, but what you're doing isn't healthy. Starving and cutting yourself won't help you."

"You know nothing!"

Silver was right again. Mephiles had been cutting his wrists trying to distract himself from his emotional pain with physical pain.

It didn't work. All Mephiles got was hurt wrists along with his bad memories.

"Then tell me your problem. I want to help you."

"I WANT YOU TO DIE!"

"I want you to be happy."

Silver could go back and forth for hours. Mephiles, on the other hand, was even more aggravated when he couldn't get under Silver's skin.

"Why don't you run away like everyone else?"

"I'm not afraid of you."

"You're a fool."

Mephiles had definitely hurt people, and no one had forgotten. People avoided him as much as possible, no matter how hard he tried to make up for what he's done. He began to become self conscious, and when people found out, they threatened and harassed him. The only reason that said people didn't get their lights knocked out, was because Mephiles badly wanted to build a better reputation. But nothing was working.

He felt alone.

"It's okay to be afraid, Mephiles."

"I'm not afraid!"

"I won't hurt you."

"I'll kill you."

"I'll forgive you."

"I'll kill everyone you care for."

"I care about you."

"I'll die."

"I won't let you."

Mephiles was struggling. Silver sounded so sincere, he wanted to trust him. He wanted to embrace him, feel and touch him. He ached to hear Silver say that he wouldn't have to be alone...

"I don't want help."

"You need to be helped."

"I don't need anyone's pity."

"Pity isn't the same as concern."

"Why do you care!?"

"Because I wouldn't wish this torture on anyone."

"I HATE you."

"I love you."

"You lie."

"You know I'm not lying."

In fact, Mephiles did know that. Somewhere in his mind, he knew that Silver cared deeply for him and wanted nothing more than to save his tormented life. But it wasn't until he heard the words come from Silver's mouth that he believed it.

Mephiles fell to his knees, too weak and fatigued to stand. Silver immediately went to help him sit up.

"Silver... I'm sorry... Please... I'm so afraid..."

Silver pulled the exhausted hedgehog into his lap and leaned against the tree. Mephiles sniffled and tears fell from his closing eyes.

"It hurts so bad... Please, Silver... Help me..."

Mephiles blacked out.