˙•8•˙

Marinette gaped at her parents as they continued to unpack the bakery. "I will not go all the way out to a farm! I thought I would be working here! Not with animals!"

"Well you're not sweetheart and Amelia's expecting you there in one hour. So go home, change and we'll give you some money for the bus." Sabine looked up a her daughter as she set down a chair.

Before Marinette could say anything Tom emerged from the back. "Go before you're late."

"I wish I never had to work." Sabine shook her head at Marinettes mumbled words as she marched home, changing into a white shirt, classic blue ripped skinny jeans and black converse, pulling her hair into a ponytail as she put on her sunglasses and returned to the shop. Sabine gave her money and Marinette walked to the bus, getting on and going to the farm and glaring at every animal she saw.

"Marinette!" She looked up at Amelia who smiled from her small house. "I'm glad you came. I thought you wouldn't."

"My parents kinda made me."

"I can tell but you're still wearing what you need too," she smiled. "Charlotte is inside doing her homework but I need you to wash the horses."

"How would I do that?" Marinette crossed her arms.

"Adrien can show you," she smiled. "You've met him right?"

"We're acquaintances." Marinette forced a smile.

"Great! He's already out in the pasture, he just needs a little help since we have twelve horses."

"Why, exactly do you have so many animals?" Marinette asked as she walked next to her, each step Marinettes body growing heavier.

"We offer horse riding lessons. And we produce the chicken eggs, sell the chickens to be eaten, sell cows to local factories that support the meat in the town and also the dairy in the town, and then we grow fruits and vegetables here too. We support most of the food in the town."

"Why don't you live in like, a bigger house?"

"We only use the money we need for the animals, food and ourselves, otherwise we send it to a local orphanage, school or charity. We don't need much," Amelia smiled. "And here we are. I'll be back in an hour to see the work you both got done." She walked back to the house as Marinette looked at the red building. It looked like a traditional farmhouse. Marinette walked inside and found the other door open, walking to the other side and finding Adrien washing a horse that was tied to a fence post that was looped in a circle.

He looked back and glared at her, turning down the music on his portable speaker. "Why on Earth are you on my farm?"

"My parents gave me a job here. I hate it too."

"Then leave."

"If I leave my parents will cut off my credit cards." Adrien shook his head as he laughed.

"You really only care about yourself." Adrien squinted his eyes, glaring at her.

"As I've been told," Marinette smugly smiled as her phone rang, picking it up and smiling at Alya. "Alya! It feels so good to see a friendly face!" Adrien scoffed as she settled on a hay bail.

"How's life in a small town?" Alya laughed.

"Terrible. The only cute guy here is in pictures in my locker," Marinette giggled as Alya scratched the back of her neck. "What?"

"Well about Nathanael," Alya hissed. "After you left, I followed him like a best friend should to see if he gonna be loyal and I saw him kiss Alix and today they walked into school together holding hands," Marinette lowered her head. "Sorry girl."

"I-It's fine." Marinette lowered her head.

"No it's not. I can beat him up for you."

"Promise?" Marinette lightly laughed, Adrien scoffing again.

"You saw what I did to Kim after he broke up, over text, with Chloe. I will do worse to Nathanael since he promised Chloe not tell you that he was cheating on you for like, a month."

"What?" Marinette brought her head up. "How do you know?"

"I'm going to be a reporter girl. I have to know everything!" Alya smiled making Marinette and Adrien laughed. "Girl who are with! He sounds hot!"

"He's annoying, a prick and you have a boyfriend." Marinette glared at her.

"So? Nino and I agreed we can check out other people as long as w still love each other. It's like the Nun thing. They can look at the menu, they just can't order." Marinette boiled over in laughed along with Adrien nearly getting kicked by the horse he was brushing.

"Fine," Marinette turned the camera to Adrien as he continued to clean the horse, music booming out of his phone. "This is Adrien and he's an ass."

"Then why are you with him?"

"She works on my farm," Adrien growled as Alya whistled at his voice. "Ow."

"Your voice is sexy!" Alya howled.

"And I have a girlfriend."

"Oh I think I saw her on the way up! She has the large boil on her face right? With the long nose?" Marinette smirked.

"I think you actually looked in the mirror," Adrien glared at Marinette who rolled her eyes. "But least I'm actually smart."

"If you call an IQ of ten smart then yeah." Marinette smiled as Adrien rolled his eyes. Alya laughed loudly.

"God you two bicker like an old married couple," she laughed. "Gotta go M. Siblings want to go to the mall."

"Later Alya," Marinette turned off the call glared at Adrien. "Can you do my horses?"

Adrien laughed dryly, picking up the bucket of water and splashing the horse, intensionally hitting Marinette with water in the process. "Anything for you Princess."

Marinette stood up as she shook the water from her arms, her pink bra poking out from her wet, white shirt. "How dare you!" Marinette shouted as Adrien averted his gaze from her, taking of his damp shirt and throwing it at her. "What're you doing?"

"No one should see you like that until your married. My Mothers rule." Adrien continued to dry off the horse, Marinette biting her lip and wishing she had never trusted Nathanael in the first place, him knowing and, and seeing things he should have never seen.