01.

If Taehyung could use one word to describe his life, he'd use fortuitous.

Apart from the word being quite fun to say, and, according to Jimin, his vocabulary way too extensive for someone who drank out of juice boxes, he liked to think that everything that happened in his life happened by chance, not fate.

Taehyung was a man who believed in nothing short of the truth. He believed too much trust was given in to this imaginary mindset of "the world has a plan for me". He believed that whatever it was the world had planned for him, he had to do on his own accord. He had gotten as far as he had due to his disbelief in faith and his belief in doing things on his own. He had developed artistically because he had wanted to. He had proceeded to do his art with his own determination, no matter how difficult. He had gotten his scholarship due to his own ability. None of this fate shit everyone seemed to be completely hooked on. Taehyung knew that he was better than that, to believe in some man made idea. He believed in himself. That's what Taehyung believed in, nothing more.

And despite all this, despite the utmost belief and trust he had in himself, he still hadn't drawn a single fucking shape down on this god forsaken page.

Taehyung came across these thoughts while bent over his desk, pencil in hand as he hovered over the same area of blank sketch book paper for what had to be hours. Truthfully, it hadn't been hours, more realistically, it had probably been 5 or so minutes, but the amount of time that it had taken him to develop a solid idea seemed to make time stretch out for even longer. And none were coming his way. He hated this, blocks were never fun but it was all part of the process, it always was. Taehyung dropped his pencil, watching as the perfectly sharp point landed on the page, the tip crumbling as the pencil landed and rolled off the page. He let out an agitated huff, reaching for the eraser to get rid of the annoying, thin, barely visible pencil line that had been left on the still blank page due to his impatience and frustration. The room was quiet, the only sound being Taehyung's soft breathing, which only seemed to amplify the sound of Big Bang's Fantastic Baby that shattered the silence. Startled by his ringing phone, Taehyung fumbled for it, silently cursing the living puppy that was his best friend before answering the call.

"Remind me to change that ringtone of yours, Park" Taehyung said as he shut his sketch book, glancing at the clock on his wall. 12:30. He had another 30 or so minutes until his class started.

"Then you won't answer my calls, dumbass" Jimin retorted and Taehyung rolled his eyes, leaning back in his chair.

"Yeah, that's the point," Taehyung retorted and Jimin scoffed, he examined the ink stains on his hand. "what do you want, kid?"

"Kid, my ass, I'm older than you by 3 months, Taehyung" Jimin grumbled in to the phone and Taehyung laughed.

"You have a nice ass" Taehyung mused, grinning when he heard Jimin splutter on the other end.

"That's not the point, punk, you heading to class yet?" Jimin sounded exasperated. Taehyung glanced at the clock again.

"I've got a couple minutes or so, to what do I owe you, Park Jiminie" Taehyung responded teasingly, knowing what Jimin would be asking him.

"Stop by Yoongi hyung's and check if he's eaten?" Jimin begged him and Taehyung chuckled.

"Why am I not surprised?" Taehyung sighed, amused. Jimin could practically rival Seokjin due to how much he worried about every single one of their friends. The only difference was that Jimin was just as much of a little shit as he was.