Just Like You

"Jacin! Move your butt quicker!" Winter teased in a light tone.
"I'm in a blindfold Winter, what do you expect?" he said, returning the tone.
"Excuses, excuses. Now come on!"
"Why can't you tell me where we're going?" Jacin pleaded as Winter held his hand and lead him ... somewhere ...
"Because it's a surprise. If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore!"
"But Winter-"
She cut him off with a "sssshhhh!"
"Winter-"
"Ssshh"
"Winter!"
She let him carry on because his voice had become more serious.
"Can I at least take the blindfold off. It puts your safety in a vunerable position. There could be some creepy lunatic just waiting to attack you in these woods, and how am I supposed to protect you with the blindfold?"
She took a deep sigh and then spoke. "Jacin, you need to stop worrying about me so much. We are not going to get attacked, ambushed or anything like that. Nothing terrible is going to happen, okay? Please, just for tonight slip out of your protector role and have fun with me?"
"I think I'll always be in protector mode but I'll try"
Winter turned around and abruptly kissed him.
"Thank you." she breathed.
They walked in silence for a couple of seconds before winter asked acusingly "hey, how did you know we were in the woods?"
"It was pretty easy to deduce seeing as you blindfolded me right outside of them. "
She started giggling but stopped abruptly and let out a noise that can only be described as pure excitement.
"We're here! "Winter exclaimed joyfully.
She walked behind Jacin and stroked his hair softly as she undid the knots of the blindfold that she had neatly tied earlier.
She whipped the material off and sang "Tada!"
Jacin took in the scene around him, his eyes wide with amazement. They were standing on the outskirts of a clearing. It was dark where they were standing but the rest of the space was illuminated by hundreds of flickering lights. In the centre of the candles was a checkered blanket, slightly frayed at the edges, with a simple spread of food laid on it.
It was in no means fancy but Jacin didn't mind as long as Winter was there with him.
"Well? What do you think?" Winter asked, her face alight with joy and happiness.
He cupped her cheek and kissed her for a long moment before answering.
"It's perfect. Just like you."

AN: This is my first time publishing on Wattpad so I hope it was good and you enjoyed it.