Part 1

Spontaneous: A Short Dramione Story

Disclaimer: This is a fanfiction, the original characters and such belong to the wonderfully talented J.K Rowling . The plot is mine however, and I enjoyed writing it! Thank you for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment! 

.*.

Hermione Granger narrowed her eyes at her best friend, Ronald Weasely, who was far too busy stuffing his face with numerous chicken sandwiches to notice the heated glare aimed at him. "What do you mean that I'm not fun? Why don't you want to go to Hogsmede with me?" she asked, crossing her arms in annoyance.

It was lunch time on a Tuesday in April of their repeating year at Hogwarts and Hermione had never wanted to punch Ron in the face more than she did now. The boy seriously needed to start watching what he said to people.

Compared to him, Hermione thought to herself in irritation, even Draco, her fellow Head occupant, was better. At least the blond boy knew what to say to make sure that she didn't get mad enough to want to get violent. In all honesty, Ron could learn something from Draco!

"Well, to be honest Hermione," Ron muttered, chewing with his mouth wide open as his eyes scanned the table for the next thing to scoop into his mouth, "you are kind of boring."

"What?!"

"No offence and all," Ron stated, holding up his hands in a sign of peace, "it's just that you don't do anything spontaneous! You just study and stuff. Even at Hogsmede, all you want to do is go to the bookshops, you won't go into the fun shops." He added, grabbing a small meat pie and taking a large bite out of it.

Hermione made a face at his behaviour and shuddered. To think that she'd actually had a crush on him...all those years of fawning over him, thank heavens that her eyes had been opened to the truth. She grimaced again at the idea of liking Ron romantically at all.

She recalled the conversation that she'd had with Draco about this topic last month during their Charms lesson. She'd tried to justify her school girl crush on her best friend to him. Hermione couldn't remember how the conversation had turned to that of all topics, but they'd done their work and had been allowed to talk and so they had.

He told her about the time he'd like Pansy for a few months, and Hermione had tried to explain why she'd liked Ron, but she'd been unable to. Hermione's mind had gone blank of all Ron's good qualities and Draco had laughed at the dumbfounded look on her face at her realisation.

And unlike Ron, Draco never made fun of her like this. He thought that it was admirable that she enjoyed studying. He thought that she was fun to be around. Stupid Ron.

"What fun shops? I go to the Quidditch shop and all the other stupid shops with you and Harry all the time. Just last week, I spent an hour watching you two fawning over a new broomstick like you'd never seen one before! And then we went to Fred and George's shop too, so that you could decide what treat to use as an excuse for not handing in your Potions essay yesterday!"

Ron's eyes widened and he glanced around them like he was making sure that none of the teachers were around before motioning for her to be quiet about the matter. "Yeah...well...you're just not a very spur-of-the-moment kind of person. You never have been." Ron muttered, shrugging like it was a fact. He took another large bite of the pie, before shovelling the entire thing into his mouth.

A spur-of-the-moment kind of person? What the hell was that supposed to mean?

"When in the last six years was I supposed to be spontaneous and fun whilst making sure that your butt didn't end up dead? It's not like we were exactly free to do whatever we wanted, and having fun whilst being on the run wasn't top priority, Ron." She crossed her arms, trying to decide exactly how offended she wanted to be at his words.