Part 2

Hermione stood at the edge of the Astronomy Tower, wondering if it would be easier to jump off and die than to face the repercussions of her actions.

She'd kissed Draco Malfoy.

Draco Malfoy.

Kissed.

Him.

Her!

She'd done that!

So many months of work into fixing the troubled relationships between Gryffindor and Slytherin, and all because of Ron and his stupid mouth, she might have ruined it.

How was she supposed to explain to Malfoy that her actions hadn't been intended to hurt him or his reputation, but to prove Ron wrong in a way that wouldn't get her into trouble, in a way that wouldn't anger or irritate him enough to want to kill her for using him in the first place?

Even to her, that sounded ridiculous and long winded.

And why weren't the insects in her stomach dead yet? Stomach acid was supposed to be able to breakdown almost anything...why were the stupid critters still dancing inside her stomach? Was she sick?

What was Draco doing right now? Had he ordered a witch hunt for her? Was he too, contemplating jumping off a tower than face what was to come after her stupidity? Was he planning he easiest way to get rid of her and the evidence of it all?

The worst thing was...she'd wanted to do that...kiss him...for so long now. she'd wanted to kiss him for so long now...but this hadn't been the right way to do it. She shouldn't have let her pride be the push that she needed to be brave...but it was too late now.

Draco probably thought that she was a terrible person by now. He probably thought that she was just using him as a means to an end. He would hate her for sure now! Maybe jumping off the tower was the easiest way out of this mess after all?

"Hermione! There you are...get off the ledge before you lose balance and die!" Ginny yelped puling the brunette girl into the safety of steady ground. Hermione let herself be pulled away from the freedom of dying and leaving all the humiliation behind, and sat on the ground, crossing her legs and arms and staring at the dirty floor like it held all the answers to her life that she was looking for.

Ginny sighed and grimaced before seating herself beside the girl and watching her pouted face in amusement that she was finding quite hard to hide. When it came down to it, Hermione was the smartest of them all. She was clever and witty and fun, and though studious and strict at times, she was also the one person that had ensured the survival of both Harry and Ron during the past years.

But Hermione was also quite terrible with emotions and feelings. In all honesty, the girl was stupid on the matter really. Knowing her, Ginny thought to herself as she watched her friend stare at the floor, Hermione was so confused with her feelings right now, she'd probably assumed that she was sick or something.

"Are there people out for my blood?" Hermione whispered, her eyes focused on the ground.

Ginny glanced up in surprise and grinned, "who would be out for your blood? And why?" she asked, enjoying the frustration grow on her friend's face. Yes, she was Head Girl, and one of the smartest people in the school, but when it came down to it, Hermione was kind of cute too.

"Malfoy's fangirls or something! I'm sure there must be a hunt out to kill me, right?" Hermione asked forlornly, burying her face in her hands. Ginny tried to hide her smile, but failed miserably, and started laughing instead, holding her sides when Hermione looked at her like Ginny had betrayed her or something.