ONE [ "YOU TALK WEIRD." ]

O N E

O N E

"May I have a ham sandwich and diet coke?" The tall, skinny, bald man asked Max. "Wanna hear something that might benefit your life?" Max says randomly. "Uh, I guess?" The man says awkwardly. "Well, my older brother told me that fruits and vegetables smoothies help your hair grow back and ham doesn't."

Man touched the top of his head. "Does it work?" He asked. "It worked for my grandmother. She doesn't have to wear wigs anymore. She drank one everyday until her hair grew back." Max explain, and the man grew fascinated."

"Well, can I get a fruit smoothie instead." He asked, excited to try this new theory out. "Oh no, I'm sorry but we don't sell smoothies but the deli across the street does." And with that the man ran out of the store and into the deli across the street.

"Max!" He father yelled. The was the second time today Max had caused them to lose a customer. "What, I was helping the poor man grow his hair back!" Max said in defense.

"Just go and take the girl at table 7's order." His father sighed. Max strolled of to the pretty blonde girl scrolling through her phone. "May I take you're order, Miss?" The blonde girl looks up. "Yes, I would like a cheese burger, some fries, and a Pepsi."

"Hey, you talk werid. Just like Mason, my sister's boyfriend." Max laughed. "Where you from?" She looked up at him, strangely. "I'm from Britain." She says. "Oh, never mind. Mason isn't from Britain. He's from this place called England."

"You're an interesting fello, what's your name waiter?" She asks. "Max." He says smiling. "I'm Kate." Katie smiles back. "You're a wizard." Katie says. "I can sense your power." Max shuffled around a little, he didn't have the courage to tell her he lost his powers a year ago.

"Uh, yeah. I mean, how do you know about wizards?" Max asks curiously. "I'm a wizard too." She tells him. "Well, I should go and get your food." Max says shuffling to get her food ready.

When he came back, he found her table empty expect the money she left on the table and her phone number she wrote on a napkin. Max pumped his fist in the air. He got the attractive girl's number.