Chapter 4

"I swear Shane if you change one more time I will leave without you" Adrienne says as stand here pouting in the mirror. "You look hot."

"No I don’t" I whine.

"I’m over this conversation" Amy groans and leaves the room. Good. I swear I really need to change rooms. Like now.

"If I didn’t know any better I would say you are trying to impress someone."

"Shut up" I scream and toss my lipstick at her. I know my cheeks are burning red. And maybe I was trying to dress up for someone but I like to look good for myself too.

"What his name again?" she says, tapping her newly manicured nail against her lips. I was not going to say Ashton’s name because I was over that phase. "Luke, was it?"

"What? No, not Luke. Ashton" I admit.

"Oh my god Shane! I knew it. No wonder you can’t stop smiling. He’s hot."

"No he isn’t. He’s an asshole."

"Alright" she says, stretching out the word. "Let’s find you a new guy to play with tonight."

"And do not think about bringing him back here" Amy says when she comes back in the room. I roll my eyes and search my closet one more time.

"This" I smile when I pull out a new dress I forgot I had bought. It’s a tight dress. White on top and black at the bottom. It’s strapless and stops around mid-thigh, maybe a little higher.

"You’ll have the boys drooling" Adrienne winks when I shimmy into the dress. It goes perfect with my red hair and red lipstick. "Let’s go" Adrienne whines, practically pulling me out of the room.

"Wait a second" I stop her before we head down the stairs. I drag her towards the guys room to see if they are going tonight. I told them I was just going to the bar but Adrienne changed my mind.

I knock on the door but when no one answers I let myself in. It’s not like I haven’t done it before. “Hello?”

"In here" I hear Michael call. Him, Luke and Calum are sitting on his bed playing some video game. They all drop their remotes when they see me standing in the doorway.

"You guys still going?"

"After Ashton’s little stunt last night we’re not allowed near there again" Calum replies.

"Don’t worry about that. Keith’s a good friend. Get dressed and let’s go. Adrienne’s waiting for you" I coo and pinch Michael’s cheek. "I’ll be out there."

"Suit yourself" I hear Calum say from his room. I peak around to see Ashton sitting at his computer desk with headphones in his ears. Don’t go there Shane. But of course I do.

"Hey" I shout and pull his chair backwards. He freaks out before taking his head phones out and glaring at me. He’s in a pair of sweats and wearing glasses. He looks absolutely irresistible.

"What do you want?"

"You’re not coming tonight?" I ask, brushing my knee against his leg.

"Thanks to you I can’t step foot in that house."

"Thanks to me?" I shoot back. I didn’t ask him beat up Dan. Am I happy he did it? Well, yeah. Dan kept touching me when I asked him not to. He didn’t listen to my demands but he sure listened to Ashton’s.

"Nothing" he mutters.

"Fine." I turn around and slowly walk out of his room. I can feels his eyes on me. I almost want to say fuck it and stay in here with him all night doing unimaginable things. Maybe one last attempt to get him to come. I hate him but just being around him gets me heated. In a good way.