Doll Up

Aang came home after a tiring day. He was worn out by feelings more than actions. He thought he had been missing Katara's kisses and gentle hugs, but it all felt too bizarre today. He surely missed her presence but the reunion didn't feel the way it was supposed to. Although Katara was very affectionate during the day, even her lips on his own felt friendly. He didn't see his future in her eyes, didn't imagine her arms being wrapped around his neck. He didn't look at her as if she was a mirage. Aang was simply falling out of love.

Then, there was him.

Aang remembered the things he did. How compelled he was to brush his lips on those cold, fresh bruises. He remembered watching Zuko while he was drifting off into his own world, golden eyes staring into nothingness. His slightly chapped lips, angular jaw, messy raven hair, pale hands... Oh, he needed a cold shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Friday and the kids were anticipated to leave the school.

"Aang, don't be silly. We need to get to know more people, we are going." his pretty girlfriend said, trying to untangle her braid.

"I don't know, this party thing seems kinda risky..."

"She's right Aang. It'll be fun! We've been away from teenage interaction for so long. Plus, we haven't seen Toph in months." Sokka felt cozy saying the girl's name.

"Yeah, you're right but who are we going with anyways? Who invited you guys?"

"Just someone we met at the caffeteria. We're not even gonna hang out with him anyway. Think of it as a celebration for our reunion, babe." Katara couldn't shield the haste in her voice, Sokka certainly didn't miss out on that. He knew his sister was about to get into trouble, she was going to ruin her relationship with the boy. He cursed mentally and threw a warning glance in her direction. She responded with a faint raise of her eyebrows.

"Okay, we'll go." Aang gently squeezed Katara's hand. He felt guilty about his changing emotions. He never wanted to hurt the girl, she was dear to him. "So where's this party? You gotta tell me more about it if we're going."

"It's in this place called Empas, extra drinks are cheap, lots of snacks and good music today!" Sokka sounded suddenly too enthusiasthic.

Aang seemed to be convinced. A little party never killed nobody, right?

"Sounds normal to me." he chuckled.

"That's not the best part." Katara giggled and looked at Aang with an evil grin.

"The thing is, this place is underground. They say it's kind of in a dangerous neighbourhood, but we're used to that." Sokka winked at Aang and gave him an elbow nudge on the chest.

"Oh Sokka you just love to get your ass in trouble." he laughed. Aang didn't mind being in such place, it wouldn't be anything unusual. He still had some worry in the back of his mind. A little excitement, a pinch of fun was much needed in his life, so he quickly tossed that away too.

"Anyways, I'm going to see if I can clean my hand and change the bandage. My stitches are bleeding a little." Aang leaned forward and forced himself to kiss Katara's soft lips. "Be careful baby. And don't keep us waiting." she smiled.

Aang started walking his way to find that sleazy first aid kit. He looked over his shoulder and put a silly face on. "You should pick up Toph tonight, she seemed to be missing you." He walked away in victory of annoying his friend.

"Little jerk." Sokka wanted to look annoyed, but he was more concentrated on the thought of his crush.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you in the game tonight? There are big bets goin' on." A man spoke after spitting on the ground. Disgraceful, Zuko thought.

"No. I will come to get the money around ten o'clock. It better be ready." He said coldly and turned around to leave the empty warehouse.

"Geez. Aight, boy."

Zuko shut the heavy metal door behind him and lit his cigarette before he began his walk out of that neighbourhood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aang threw himself on his couch, enjoying the sensation on his relaxed muscles. He took his slogan t-shirt off and tossed it aside. His hands rested on his stomach now. Aang wasn't very muscular. He had a slim yet toned body. His fingers tapped on his slightly shaped abs continously, doing an unsteady dance. He stared emptily at the ceiling, wondering why he hadn't seen him at school today. Zuko was the person in his mind, always a brief vision appearing in a daydream.

He felt an abrupt pressure on his belly and exhaled sharply.

"Momo! You scared me buddy." The lemur purred.

"I wonder why he didn't show up today. Maybe he's coming to the party too, huh?"

Aang knew the lemur couldn't answer, but it was nice to have someone listen to you without judging. He used to talk to the lemur during summer, when he felt lonely and had barely anyone to speak with. It had become a habit of his within time. Momo couldn't understand him, but he could purr.

"Yes you're right. He's probably not the type who would attend to a highschool party." Aang knew the other boy was very mature for his age, and he knew that wasn't caused by good reasons.

He hugged his exotic pet and kissed it's big ears. He got up from his comfortable position and opened his wardrobe.

"Okay, time to get ready."