Renesmee's story: Sunset! (Rocks by the way!)

Chapter 1: Growing up. Aw hell!

A light sunrise appeared in the pale sky. I watched it from my bed beside the window. The glass shone and the sunlight riccocheted off my window pane. I turned over to avoid the sunlight in my eyes and found myself facing a photograph of Quilete, Jacob Black. Oh boy, he was SO cute! Shoot, listen to myself. One of the downsides of being imprinted by him I suppose. Couldn't take my mind off him!

"Hey Nessie. Are you awake?" Mum asked quietly, peeking through the door.

"Yeah," I said.

"Guess who's here to see you."

"Awwww! " I groaned. Jake was not only cute...he was a devoted boyfriend. He was here by 4am and his tribes' worst enemies were my whole family. Even more embarrassing...he changed my DIAPERS. He's known me since I was born...very complicatedly won't say no more. I felt sort of awkward.

"Oh yeah," Mum said, just as she was about to leave. "Alice has a new outfit for your 14th birthday."

"That figures," I muttered.

"I heard that!" came Alice's call, ringing through the house. I laughed and got out of bed lazily. A pain hit the side of my stomach and a rush of dizziness rushed through my head. I stumbled back onto my bed, hitting my head on the window sill. "Ow!" I cried, rubbing my head in irritation. "What's with me today?" I asked myself. "I'm a half vampire for Pete's sake! I'm not clumsy!" I shook my head in annoyance and walked out into the landing. I kept walking until a cold pair of hands grabbed my shoulders before I toppled down the stairs. "Are you going blind Renesmee?" Jasper's deep voice asked in worry.

"I have no idea," I mumbled. Jasper's anxious eyes followed my face as I blinked in surprise at my clumsiness. He lead me downstairs and then strayed away to the living room, switching on the TV. I saw Dad frown as he looked into Jasper's thoughts. "Nessie?" he asked. "I'll see how I go," I mouthed. Jacob opened the door from the kitchen and swooped down to kiss me on the cheek. Dad let out a very audible growl. Mum put a restraining hand on his. He and Jacob exchanged glares. They'd gotten used to each other...that didn't mean they liked each other. It was far more awkward with the fact Jake used to be in love with MUM before she married Dad. Yikes huh? Another wave of nausea swept over me. I closed my eyes and swallowed nervously. "Nessie, are you sure you're okay?" Dad asked. "I don't think so," I said hoarsely. "I feel...weird. Bethan said this is what happened to her...when she got her period."

Mum's head jerked up from her Harry Potter book. "Okay, that changes things," she said, standing up from her chair and coming over to my side. "Your 14th birthday is in 10 days so it figures." "Nessie's getting her period?" Alice asked, her voice chiming as she looked round the door. "It's not exactly news to make the front page Alice!" I snapped. "Okay then, cranky," she grinned, kissing my head and dancing into the living room to watch TV with Jasper. "Let's go shopping then," Mum said. "Can we not go to the one in Port Angeles?" I begged. "It's so embarrassing when that counter guy starts staring at you." Dad's mouth dropped. "Which guy?" he demanded. "No one," Mum said hurriedly, grabbing my arm and pulling me outside. "But I'm still in my pyjamas!" I protested. "Just stay in the car then," Mum said, starting up the Volvo. I sighed and started grumbling to myself. Mum's phone beeped from the seat beside me. "Can you get it, hun?" Mum requested. I flipped it open and grinned at the message from Dad. It said: "Which guy???"