1 Marriage

"I want it..." She purred into his ear.

"...You want what?"

"Your last name."

He laughed and burred the head into her breasts. "All yours..."

"Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow."

🚪🥂🚪

Logan Brickwood's forehead was full of wrinkles.

"Where is the key?" He opened the wallet again and then tapped the pocket.

The last week had been full of flowers, family champagne and foot ache. The newest Mrs Brickwood was quietly paying attention to his movements from behind. She had her arms hidden and a playful smile plastered on the face.

It was very hard for her to realize, or to think, that that was the man of her life and the apartment behind that door, their little new home. Although very small and not very close to the city center that was the place they could afford right now - and with some decorations and a sense of style, that would be perfect for a beginning. Their beginning together after so many years of struggles and deceptions.

Logan was Canadian by birth. He had lived in British Columbia, more specifically in Maple Ridge, since he could remember. He worked as a drugstore attendant when he met Helen. She had gone there to buy shampoo and a hairbrush, as her life abroad was just at the beginning. Differently from her fiancé, the Canadian blood that ran though her veins was only figurative. As crazy as it seemed Helen's house was far below in the map, Mexico. She had moved there to work and be successful (although she ended up concluding that the Canadian lifestyle sucked because of its barbecue with sausage instead of fat beef). So there she was, meeting Logan literally at her first visit to the town's most famous drugstore, the place where you could find everything from medicine to toys: London Drugs.

She eyed the curious clerk from the corner of her eyes. She was separated from him by a few cashiers. He was wearing formal clothes, she remembered, a dark blue blouse and jeans with a belt. And she had thought, that man looked like a prince. He ended up being the prince of her life.

"Dude, you haven't seen the key, have you?" Logan asked suspiciously. Funny fact, he had been used to calling Helen "dude" since the first time they talked. She had been all torn up when he called her that; what was he thinking? Seeing her as a DUDE, a partner, his pal? Just because she asked his Snapchat account didn't mean she wanted to send silly pictures of food and chat about horror movies. At the time Logan was not interested on a relationship; he was focused on getting away from his job (he wanted to be an actor). But soon enough Helen changed his mind about the dude thing and also about quitting the job. London Drugs had a good salary, he needed it to pay Vancouver Film School if he really intended to be follow such career. She was clever and the type of stubborn person who never gives up something she wanted. Even if it was only a kiss.

"Aahh... I don't know where your keys are" She now giggled. "I don't have them!"

Logan smiled. She giggled more. And they began battling for whatever Helen was hiding under that smile.

"I know it is with you!"

"Nooo!! HAHAHAH"

They heard a mechanic noise coming from the end of the hall. The Brickwoods looked over their shoulder. It is amazing how a synchronized couple take time to process when waiting for something important to happen. Something that can change their life.

Hi, Nice to meet you and Thanks for reading:)
Give this chapter a vote if you enjoyed it:) - Bella