Love the Life you live

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley

Bob Marley plays in her ears as she walks towards her locker. Seeing heads turn, she doesn’t bother reading their lips – knowing the words being thrown her way, ‘Freak, fat, ugly.’ She can feel the sniggers from all those that judged her the very first moment they saw her. She fumbles with the key to open her locker. Trying to erase her mind and letting the music overtake her soul.

Music gets her through her days, from the moment she wakes to the moment she falls asleep each night. There is a song out there for every emotion she ever feels. Music is there for her even when no human being is. She doesn’t feel alone when the music plays inside her ears, she feels like someone out there gets her, understands her, someone out there isn’t judging her.

***

“You never know how strong you are - until being strong is your only choice” – Bob Marley

The razor is held between her sweaty fingers, as her heart race picks up – the same thought, gnawing at the back of her brain ‘Do it, Do it, Do it’ and that’s when she screams, throwing the razor into the darkest corner of the room.

She can never press the razor to her skin – well that’s a lie – She does press it to her skin, every single day but she has yet to let it press so deep it hurts, it bleeds or it might even kill her.

She is afraid of death and that is what stops her every time, she’s afraid of pain – emotionally and physically. Her heart aches each time she tries to smile, she is weak. And weak people like her don’t get to have it easy.

But life is too precious to throw away, and she realizes in that moment that sometimes your only option is to be strong, one day it will all be easier.

***

“Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.” - Bob Marley

The rain skims against the hard gravel, as she walks to her next class. She watches the students running to get away from the rain, and a light smile crosses her face as her eyes land on a boy with blonde hair resting on his shoulders. His light blue eyes shine as he walks slowly to class. She can see it in his face as he lets the rain hit against him. He isn’t just getting wet, he is feeling the rain.

She has always loved the rain, and watching someone else love it too. It brings light to dark parts of her heart. Some people out there really do appreciate the simple things in life, the things that don’t cost a penny – the things that you don’t have to search too much for. And as the rain hits her skin she finds herself thinking about that boy, thinking about how beautiful he was, how alike they must be.

***

“Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” – Bob Marley

She smells the smoke before she sees where it is coming from. She is sitting beneath an old oak tree around the corner of the school as she sits writing about her day so far. When she looks up that’s when she sees him. The boy who had been walking in the rain the day before, not paying any attention to how other students were running to hide from it, he only cared about feeling it hit against his skin.

His eyes rest on hers and she quickly looks down at her notepad, a blush crossing her cheeks. She hears his footsteps approach her, her heart rate picked up.

“Want some?” She hears his deep Irish accent mutter, as she looks up into his beautiful eyes.

“Never tried weed before,” she mumbles, a small smile playing on her face.