Chapter 1

Growing up I was forced to go to churches by my family members.

I would always dread to go to church because in my opinion church was nothing but a waste of time and honestly it was boring.

At that time I haven't given my life over to Jesus and got saved yet.

I knew about God but I didn't know God.

You see there is a difference between knowing of God and knowing God. The sad truth is that a large amount of believers that claim that they know God only know about Him and have no real relationship with Him.

Before I had a relationship with God I would sit in church counting off the minutes, playing with coins, playing with my hair or even counting the people , I would do anything to pass the time.

It felt like everytime I go to church I would hear the exact same thing and sometimes I felt like I could just walk up to the pulpit and do the exact same thing because I already know what he is going to say.

I would make up all possible excuses not to go. I would pretend to be to tired to go, pretend to be sick, I would leave my clothes at home and say I don't have the right clothes.

Now my mom never went to church anymore , my dad and I went to churches but we were never committed into one, where my aunt would always take me , whether I liked it or not. That churches would be the kind that you must wear a dress, must wear fancy shoes, sit up straight, I'm pretty sure I would be barked at if I even sneezed.

/ / / / / / / / / / / / /

Sure, I grew up as a Chirstian but I have never truly known the Power of God.

I didn't even believe fully. I never knew why people believed because what if they were wrong. I'm the type of person that you have to prove it to before I'll agree with you.

I never prayed, never. Only probably once a month and then I just prayed for money and protection for about 20 seconds.

I never even read my Bible. I didn't know anything about the Bible.

I didn't know what the Holy Spirit was , I only heard about it but I had never received Him or even known about Him.

AND TRULY IF I DID MY LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN SO DIFFERENT GROWING UP.