Doubts

InuYasha 
I watched her run away and felt guilty when I realized I said Kikyo's name. When Shippo had confirmed that Sesshomaru was telling the truth about Kikyo living I felt conflicted like I had been years ago before Kagome confessed to me.  Now that I'm looking at her, she looks like Kikyo in those robes she's wearing, which is probably why I called her Kikyo.
"Your an idiot." I looked over and saw Miroku and Sango emerge from the bushes.
"Why are you guys here," I yelled out.
"We were on a walk and heard Kagome," Sango said giving me a cold stare.
"H- hey whats with that look, Sango," I asked. She huffed and walked away, leaving just Miroku and I.
"Whats her problem?"
"Ah, my dear friend," Miroku said before hitting me with his staff.
"Hey what the hell is wrong with you guys!" I got hit again but this time by a fist.
"Sesshomaru, you too?"
"Your a fool," Miroku stated, "You've clearly hurt Kagome badly and you ask what's wrong?"
"Tch, get off my ass, okay? It was an accident."
"An accident is getting hit with a stray arrow," Sesshomaru said before walking away.
"That ass, I swear if it weren't for Kagome I'd kill him."
"He has a point though, InuYasha," Miroku said.
"Whos side are you on?"
"I'm on Kagome's side of course. You've ruined my romantic evening since Sango went to stay with Kagome tonight."
"Wha- how do you know that?"
Miroku dead panned at the question then sighed.
"InuYasha your impossible." With that he walked away, leaving me to think.

Kagome
Sango came into my room and hugged me as I cried. I had told Shippo, Kaede, and Rin that I was fine but Shippo knew I was lying and came with me. Kaede knew too but she had left me be.
"Don't cry Kagome," Shippo said, "that InuYasha is an idiot and the news probably shook him a bit."
"Yeah, he was probably thinking how could she be alive while with you and got stuck in both moments." I heard there words but knew they weren't true. The way he said her name repeated was proof enough that it was more. He's probably happy that she's back and if given the chance he'll go behind my back to see her again. I'll be on the side just waiting for him to come back to me, again.
"It will never end, will it," I whispered out. I began sobbing once more and Sango just hugged me tightly.

The next day, Shippo went back to school and Sango stayed after, knowing I hated to see him leave. When Shippo told me he lost his parents I've been there as a stand in mother for him so I really couldn't
"Well its about time I got back," Sango said, getting ready to leave.
"Yeah, thanks Sango. I really appreciate your help."
"No thanks are necessary, Kagome. You've been there for me when Miroku was being an idiot. Besides, we're friends and friends help each other, right?" I smiled at her as she left. When she was gone, however, sadness washed over me again.
Here I am, Higarashi Kagome, all alone once more. I wasn't used to beimg alone like this. In the future I've had mom, gramps, and Sota, not to mention my friends from school. Here, before defeating Naraku, I had everyone. Now I'm just here by myself. I did have Kaede and Rin but it wasn't that same as the others.
I took down the last of the laundry when InuYasha came to me.
"Kagome, we need to talk," he said. I couldn't look at him so instead I focused on my task.
"What's there to talk about?"
"You know what we need to talk about, Kagome! Don't act like-"
"Like what?" My question stopped him along with my icy stare. When he said nothing more I just took the laundry inside, trying to numb myself as I felt his stare on my back.
Later that night, I was sitting alone by the river when InuYasha came again but said nothing. It was completely silent as the sound of nature sang through the night.
"I'm sorry," InuYasha said, "I didn't mean to call you Kikyo last night. It was an honest mistake. The news about her being alive took me by surprise really."
"But you still love her," I told him.
"What? Kagome thats-"
"Its fine InuYasha, really. I know your still in love with Kikyo. She was your first love after all. Its not like you both fell out of love. Your entire break up was a huge misunderstanding anyways."
"Kagome-"
"Not to mention she's prettier than I'll ever be, and she's more powerful, even if she's dead."
"Kagome-"
"You loved her first, right? Its not easy to forget your first."
"Kagome," InuYasha said as he made me look at him, "Kikyo is in the past, okay? I'm with you now. The feelings I've had with her are different from the feelings I have with you! I'm not going back to her at all so just get that through that thick skull of yours!"
"InuYasha..." I felt stupid right then and there. Of course he would have said her name. I'm dressed like her, I look like her, InuYasha heard she was alive and just messed up.
"InuYasha, I'm sorry. I was acting silly again," I told him. He scoffed and pulled me closer to him
"Yeah well I'm used to it by now." I chuckled before kissing his cheek and standing.
"Well, its time for bed," I said stretching. I went to walk away but was stopped by InuYasha.
He pulled me into another embrace before letting me go.
"Go rest," was all he said before hopping off somewhere.

As I was walking back, I saw Sesshomaru sleeping under a tree the was lit up by fireflies.
Sesshomaru is still here? Why? My curiosity took over and I walked over to him. I sat down beside him and just stared. He looked at peace when he slept, the cold features he wore while awake had completely left. His white hair was longer than InuYasha's and the three marks on his face stood out more than usual.
I looked at his shoulder and saw the Mokomoko and had always wanted to touch it but was afraid of what Sesshomaru would do.
Now that he's sleeping I can touch it, right?" I took a deep breath before caressing the soft fur.
Whoa, its warmer than I thought!
I patted it a few more times before sighing.
"Good, now that thats oit of my system..." I stood to my feet and went to leave until I heard a slight chuckle.
I turned to see that Sesshomaru was wide awake with a smirk on his face.
"Sesshomaru! Did I wake you? I'm sorry!"
"I was never asleep," he said standing before walking over to me, "as always your observation skills need improvement. There were well over ten times I could have killed you." I pouted at him and folded my arms.
"I have improved, thank you! I just didn't sense and hostility, thats all."
"Hostility huh?" He gave me a once ober before glaring down on me.
"Where's your weapon?"
"My weapon?" I felt behind me and saw that my bow wad gone.
"What! I could have sworn that I had it! Where did it go!" I looked around but didn't see it anywhere.
"Oh, maybe I left it by the river! Thats it!" I rushed off, forgetting Sesshomaru was there.
Jeez Kagome, your losing it because of a silly misunderstanding! I scowled myself. Suddenly I was picked up by strong arms and held. I looked up to see it was Sesshomaru.
"Sesshomaru? What are you-"
"Just shut up and sleep," he said calmly, "I'll take you to Kaede's and retrieve your weapon."
"But I'm not that tired! Besides, its my responsibility to get it since I was so careless."
"You didn't sleep last night because of my foolish brother, nor was it your fault that you were careless. Just go to sleep and leave the rest to me." I was taken aback. I never would have thought that Sesshomaru would say those words to me. He was the last person I believe would say that.
I looked away from him blushing and placed my head on his chest. If I blocked out every sound I could hear his heart beating through his armor. I closed my eyes and listened to every steady beat it made. Before I knew it, sleep took over me.

Sesshomaru
I made it to the river that Kagome spoke of and found the bow immediately. I landed next to the river gently but Kagome still woke up. She yawned and looked around before blushing.
"Sorry for falling asleep on you! I guess I was more tired than I thought," she said and gave a nervous laugh.
"I told you to sleep. Why apologies for following my orders?"
"Gee you make it sound like I'm a servant, big bro." Annoyance spread through me at the pet name. She looked at me with confusion as I looked down at her.
"There's that look again! Do you not want to be my big brother or something?"
"No, I don't; nor do I like the term big brother. Sesshomaru will do for now even though I prefer you address me more appropriately."
"Huh? So you want me to call you Lord Sesshomaru from now on, is that it?"
"As long as its not a silly pet name I could care less." I handed her the bow but saw her looking pass me. I turned and saw InuYasha following a  shinidamachū into the forest. Kagome took the bow and rushed after him, leaving me by the river.