Silvetongue - Young the Giants

Trying to think of a way to get started.

Piper remembers what it was like to be forgotten. The worst feeling she ever felt is the split second her dad actually forgot her. No, he didn't ignore her, he forgot who she was.

Stutter my flow, train of thought just departed.

It was the split second when his face drew confusion as her name was mentioned. Looking back, that's when she would say it all started. It was an easy excuse to use for everything she did later.

Taste of mezcal on my breath.

She became addicted. Not to drugs or alcohol, but to the feeling she got when she was in control. She was able to force them to remember her-- the girl with the most persuasion.

Let me get this off your chest.

They never forgot her when she smiled and spoke kind words. They just agreed with whatever she said until they realized whatever happened afterwards.

Open my mouth.

It was good thing too. She didn't want them to ever forget her. Piper hardly minded when they ratted her out. It meant they remembered her enough to go snitching to the police.

All the gems falling out.

They thought she was a little rich girl looking for attention. Maybe they weren't wrong, but they never knew even half of it. There was more than what's on the surface.

Make you lose control.

She started talking to be remembered, but she then continued because it was fun.

Oh, girl, I've got that silver tongue.

At the Wilderness school, she only stole small things. A paper clip, a pencil case, a hairbrush. She was starting to miss the rush of adrenaline she got everytime she spoke until she came to Camp Half Blood. Then she realized how much more she could do.

Got, got that silver, got that silver tongue like, ah

It was foolish how they trusted her so easily. Leo was too oblivious to notice anything at all, and Jason was too much of a hero to think the gillian was alongside him the whole time. She helped in a few small ways to keep their trust because oh, imagine their faces when she breaks it later.

I'm addicted to madness, what can I say?

The rest of the seven were just as easy. A kind smile was all it took, and apparently it also made them all friends with her. Why would they trust her so easily? She was clearly the least person you should trust, some of her siblings took once glance at her and realized that in seconds, but she made sure they kept their mouth shut. At least she would be able to see all of theirs faces when she started playing her games.

I'm addicted to badness, what can I do?

Ah, the sweet moment when she was stuck between Percy and Jason trying to kill each other. Afterwards, she made sure neither remembered what really happened. She definitely didn't try to cause even more harm to the both of them. No, no, no, poor harmless Piper was simply trying to help.