Chapter Seven

It's Halloween. Elijah walks over to my house so my mum can drive us to Anna's. 'Hey.' Eli greets as I open the door. 'Hey.' I smile. Elijah leans down and gives me a little kiss. He's dressed as a Ghostbuster and I'm dressed as Super Girl. We walk hand in hand to the bus stop, catching the bus into town to meet up with the others. We knock at the door and Anna answers so I pull her in for a hug as we greet one another. 'You look amazing!' I tell her as I take in her devil outfit. 'Thank you! So do you! Come on in, everyone else is already here. I can't wait for you to spend some proper time with Zack!' She leads us into the living room and Zack is first to greet me, dressed as a vampire. 'Hey Zack.' 'Hey Skylar. Good to see you.' 'You too. I'm glad we're getting to hang out properly and get to know you better.' I tell him. 'Yeah same.' 'But you better be looking after this girl. Cause if you hurt her, I will not be Miss Nice Girl. I'll need to borrow Anna's dress cause I'll turn into the devil if you hurt her!' I tell him playfully and he smiles and nods at me. 'Message received loud and clear Captain.' Zack says with a grin. I nod, a grin spreading across my face too. 'Captain eh? I'm the one who wants to go to the army.' Elijah says as he slings an arm over my shoulder. 'And FYI, Little Miss Nice girl, is all she's got. She should've wore an angel dress instead.' 'At least then you would've half-matched with Anna.' Zack says and I do laugh at that. 'Yeah. Little Miss Innocent this one.' Elijah teases me and Zack laughs while I pout. 'Is that so?' Zack asks. 'Maybe...But don't hurt Anna unless you wanna see something other than Miss Nice Girl.' 'Definitely not. Let's keep Little Miss Innocent Nice Girl around forever.' Zack says and we all laugh. I turn to greet Nate and Cali and see their outfits. Nate is dressed as a pirate and Cali, a pirate girl. 'Look at you guys! Couple goals!' I tell them and they laugh. I pull Cali in for a hug then do a low-five with Nate. 'Super Girl huh?' Nate asks, with a smirk. 'Uh huh.' I say and strike the pose with a grin. Nate laughs and shakes his head. 'What?' I ask. 'Nothing.' He says, stilling smirking. I roll my eyes and turn back to Anna. I chat with her for a few minutes then Cali joins in too. 'Alright are we going out trick or treating or what?' Nate asks. There's a chorus of 'Yeah's' from everyone. 'Alright gang, let's go!' Nate calls. We all grab a trick or treat bag and head into the hall. 'Mum, that's us going out trick or treating!' Anna calls upstairs to her parents. 'Okay! Have fun! Be safe!' Her mum calls back. 'We will!' Anna calls back and we all head out. We trick or treat for a good hour, filling up our bags then heading back to Anna's. We all chat about what kind of treats we got and begin to eat some. 'Zack, wanna help me with drinks?' Nate asks. 'Sure.' Zack says and the two of them go through to the kitchen. 'Oooo. He's got to pass the Nate test.' I tell Anna with a laugh. 'Oh no.' She says then laughs. 'God help him.' Eli says and we all laugh. 'As long as he passes the best friend test, that's all that matters.' I tell Anna with a grin and we both burst out laughing, leaning into each other. 'You ladies having fun?' Zack asks as he re-enters with three cups. 'Oh yeah!' Anna says then takes a cup from him. 'Here you go Sky.' Zack says as he offers me the other cup. 'Oh thanks Zack.' 'You got it.' 'He's impressing me already Anna.' I tell her playfully with a smirk and she giggles. 'Oh if that impresses you, you ain't seen nothing yet.' Zack tells me and we share a laugh. We all chat for a bit then Anna decides we should watch a movie. 'Alright, let's vote!' She says then hands up a movie. 'Halloween?' Her and Nate put their hands up. 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show?' Nate, Zack, Cali and Anna put their hands up. 'Monster House?' Cali, Zack and I put their hands up. 'I mean it's alright.' Anna says then moves to the next one. 'The Addams Family?' She asks and her hand shoots up alongside mine, Cali's and Zack's. Nate's follows suit a few seconds later. 'Elijah?' Anna asks. 'I mean, yeah I'm happy watching that too.' He says. 'Okay, so that's a good one then. Last one is Beetle juice?' Anna asks and immediately the boys start talking over each other about how good it is. Cali and I burst out laughing at the commotion around us while Anna smirks over at us. 'Sky and Cali?' She asks. 'I love a bit of Beetle Juice so yeah.' I tell her. 'Go on then, put that one on.' Cali says and the boys all cheer as we laugh. 'Alright but we're watching Addams's family after it, okay?' We all agree with Anna. We all get comfy on the couch and watch Beetle Juice. I lean into Eli at one point and he smiles down at me before wrapping an arm around me. By the time Addam's Family is finished, it's getting late so we text our parents to come and get us. Cali's parents turn up first and then Nate's then my parents, Eli's parents and Zack's parents show up at the same time. I give Anna a hug then step outside, Eli just behind me. Zack gives Anna a hug and a kiss then heads to his parent's car. I say bye to Zack as I walk up Anna's path and he calls bye back. Elijah and I stand on the pavement and share a hug and kiss before going to separate cars. I wave to Eli's parents who wave back while Eli waves back at my parents.