tick tock

All I heard was the tick-tock of the mighty clock tower, Big Ben. Every hour I would hear "DONG GONG DONG" each time I would wonder if he would keep his promise. If he didn't it wouldn't be the first time. Many people had made a promise and not kept them like many parents looking to adopt. They said I was perfect but the never came. It had happened more than once, so many had come but never came back.

Just as the night before I saw the shadow and felt a cool breeze soothing me to sleep. But this time before I fell into a graceful sleep I felt a warm hand on my cheek. Slowly I opened my eyes to see what on who was there and I saw the boy from earlier on today. "Maybe?" I asked. All I got in return was a cute smile a bit of a chuckle. "well I do like to make dramatic entrances" was his sole answer. "who are you?" he brushed his hair out of his face Once again and said "my name is peter pan, but you can call me Peter" as he was looking around my room, I didn't really have anything of value. All I ever had where the Necessities. Clothes, shoes, lavatory things, etc.
"How are you flying like that?" I asked
"are you going to ask questions all night?" I gave a large nod then a huge smile came to my face. He sighed then said " fine...ask away," I asked many questions and eyes each where answered with a clever response. We talked and talked all night, I swear that I was giggling every minute.

The bell for 7:00 am chimed and the sun was slowly creeping away above the London skyline. Peter had a worried look on his face. He looked at me, his floating became erratic and his tone became sharp and fearful "I'm sorry, I'm the one that needs to leave this time". Before I could say anything he flew out of my window creating a large gust of wind behind that knocked me back to the foot of my bed.

My caretaker came in with a large cowbell shouting " UP! UP! you pathetic welp"! Another day to start yay.