BubblingLava

Link could do the heat. Risking his life leaping over barriers of lava was way better than shivering in the winter of Faron. As he climbed up another sun named boulder, a wry smile pulled at his lips. He finally wasn't so freaking cold. However, he decided, he was still as hopefully lost as ever. After he pulled himself up on top of the boulder, he let out a long sigh and looked into the distance. There was still no temple in sight.

"Why do I have to be so directionally challenged," Link muttered to himself. He shook his head, cursing his foul luck. Instead of bestowing him with a green tunic, couldn't he have gotten something more useful for his journey? Like a compass?

"Are you lost again?" The velvety voice shocked him out of his mental vent, and he cast a wary glance behind his shoulder.

"Ghirahim?" No, this was not okay. They weren't supposed to act like this anymore. Everything was supposed to be left behind in Faron. "What are you doing here?"

Link actually turned to face the demon now, and he had to fight off the smirk that threatened to overtake his lips. Oh, how the tables had turned. Ghirahim basically looked like he was dying in this heat. The hero remembered how warm the other had been because of his magic when it was so cold. That same magic must be his undoing now.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Ghirahim's voice came out indignant, not like the purr Link had come to know. The blond just shook his head and chuckled. The situation was too absurd.

"You just look a little hot there is all," Link teased, amusement swimming in his eyes.

"Just shut up and come over here," Ghirahim demanded, holding out a hand. Link took a step forward, the interaction feeling so casual between them by now. However, when he realized what was happening, he stopped.

"No," he stated, sounding resigned.

"No?" Ghirahim echoed. "What do you mean no?" Link could tell the demon was confused but there was another emotion in his expression that he couldn't quite make out. It was too soft to be anger. Hurt, maybe?

"This was supposed to stop in Faron. We agreed that this wasn't going to happen anymore," Link mumbled, suddenly very keen at staring towards the ground,

"We agreed? Or you decided?" Ghirahim asked, temper rising. Link took a wary step back.

"That night in the rain wasn't supposed to change how we felt towards each other. This has been a stupid mistake. We'll only end up hurting each other," the hero reasoned. It was common sense. Why couldn't Ghirahim see that?

"I never knew the chosen hero to be so selfish!" Ghirahim snarled, taking a step forward.

"You're the one that said nothing has changed!" Link shouted back, taking a step forward as well.

"Why do you keep holding that against me when it's very obvious that something has changed?" Ghirahim questioned, obvious hurt lacing into his voice.

"Because I don't want to have fallen for my enemy!" He blurted out, his words hanging delicately in the tension. Ghirahim looked downwards before up at the shaking male in front of him again. His expression was softer now.

"I'm sorry Link," he paused. "I know it's not going to being much solace, but I've grown fond of you too."

"What are we going to do Ghirahim?" Link groaned, feeling like he had just lost some sort of battle. "I mean, could you give up on reviving your Master?"

The demon shook his head. "That's not even an option." Then Link started shaking harder, and Ghirahim pulled him into an embrace. The demon tried very hard to convince himself he was imagining the wet splotches now forming on the front of his shirt, but that was hard to do when he could hear the other's sniffles.

"You're really hot," Link muttered into Ghirahim's chest, his fit subsiding. The demon's skin felt blistering against his own.

"And you're quite cool," Ghirahim sighed contentedly. Link looked up before detaching himself from Ghirahim. The demon looked at him with a mixture of worry and curiosity that turned to mild interest as the hero began to take off his tunic. Once that was off, he also slipped out of his chain mail and undershirt. "Might I ask what you're doing?"

"You said I'm cool right? I'm just helping you like you did for me," Link explained. Ghirahim stood there a little dumbfounded. "You should take your shirt off too, not that it's much covering anyways."

Once Ghirahim managed to pry off his own shirt, Link approached him once more. This time he was a little hesitant though. "So," he began, letting his hands rest on the demon's arms, "what am I supposed to do exactly?"

The demon placed a hand on Link's back before pressing him forward into a hug. A small gasp left his lips at the nice sensation of Link's skin against his. He could feel the intense heat in his body ebb wherever the hero was touching.

"Is this okay?" Link asked as he let his hands trail down the demon's toned back.

"This is more than okay," Ghirahim replied, resting his forehead against Link's.

And maybe, Link thought, they'd be more than okay too.

A/N: Somehow this fic is becoming an actual full on story. I'm crying. This was supposed to be a oneshot.