Prologue

Lacey wanted to be happy that she was outside. She wanted to pretend, for her father's sake, that she was happy to be out of St. Vincent's.

So she lied. She lied that she was happy, that she felt okay, that she would happily take the medicine they gave her.

She had been lying all her life to her doctors and nurses, what was a little more now?

Her father didn't seem to notice that she wasn't really mentally there. He only noticed that she was physically next to him, alive and healthy.

She sat in the back seat on the drive home, as she wasn't used to the front seat. The last time she had been in his car was when she was leaving for St. Vincent's.

Her father understood that, and he understood that she had to take a while to get used to everything that was new.

She couldn't stop staring at all the development of the lands she remembered as large forests, or the once-farms that were now malls.

"Lace?"

Lacey looked up, surprised. She hadn't heard the nickname in years.

"Yes, dad?"

"I hate to have to tell you this now, but we're going to have to put you in school."

And with that, Lacey's entire façade of a new, perfect world crashed down around her.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Dear reader(s),

If you've read some of my books before, you'll notice that this book shares a title with another one of my books.

I took down the original psychotic tendencies due to me actually reading it and realizing how shit it was.

And now, I'm rewriting the entire thing. (Completely new plot, too.)

If you liked the original Psychotic Tendencies, I'll reupload it soon.

See you soon.

-carofran2