Date Night

"Lily!" Someone shouted at me from across the quad. Pausing my music from my phone, I turned to my left to find Charlotte running to catch up with me. I pulled out my headphones as she came to a stop in front of me.

"Hey Char, what's up?" I asked.

"I was just talking to Lance about how I haven't seen you in a while. We should all hang out soon!" She began excitedly. "And you can bring Mike or your boyfriend." I snickered.

"I only get to choose one?" Charlotte laughed.

"No, they can both come but then Mike would be like, a fifth wheel." She shrugged.

"I think his way of putting it is, 'You guys are riding tandem bicycles and I'm on a unicycle'." Charlotte grinned.

"Sounds like him. So when are you free?" She tucked a strand of her wavy brown hair behind her ear as I contemplated my schedule and Calum's. I wasn't exactly positive about my schedule but I had memorized his. Calum's work hours don't really vary.

"Um how about tomorrow night? Is that good with you?"

"Its perfect. Make sure to talk to Mike. Or I can, or Lance."

"I'll call him later. You know how bad he is about replying to messages." Charlotte nodded her head. Mike was a horrendous texter. He would sometime reply days late or simply not at all and he almost never had it charged. Sometimes texting or calling him was a waste of effort which is why I only usually see or hear from him when I'm actually in class with him. Otherwise, radio silence.

"See you soon!" Charlotte blew me a kiss as she walked away and I laugh, continuing to head to my class. It would be good to hangout with them again. It had been a while. School, work and Calum had been consuming all my time. And while I always saw Lance at work, waiting tables with him and hanging out were completely different settings. It was time to get the band back together.

----

"Ugh do we have to." Calum groaned, dropping down onto our shared bed in a heap as he loosened his tie around his neck. I narrowed my eyes at my boyfriend but he wasn't paying attention to me.

"Yes Calum. We haven't seen our friends in ages." Yesterday night, I had completely forgotten to tell Calum about our dinner plans for tonight. When he got home, he fully expected me to be laid out on our bed waiting for him but instead, he walked in on me applying makeup, wearing sweatpants and an old shirt. When I broke the news to him, he wasn't as thrilled as I expected him to be.

"You see Lance all the time!" Calum complained.

"I wait tables with Lance, I want to actually sit down and eat with him tonight." I kicked Calum's ankle but he didn't look up at me. "Hey, you owe me for what happened a week back." Calum stopped rubbing his eyes to give me a questioning look. "Unprotected sex ring a bell?" Calum huffed.

"When I said I owe you one, I meant I would repay you in a sexual way."

"Well I don't want sex, I want to go out with my friends.." I paused. "And then have sex afterwards." Calum smirked, sitting up. He grabbed my ass as I walked past him and I swatted his hand away. "Calum.." I warned, slipping my shirt off. "We're going to get changed." I pulled out a dress from the closet as he flopped back down on our bed.

"But babe.." He mumbled. "I just want to stay here and have more of that unprotected sex." I glared at him until he looked up at me and when he did, he sighed. "Alright, I'm up, I'm up. But you're driving Lil' I've been in traffic for an hour and a half and I do not want to be behind the wheel right now." I kissed his cheek as he came to grab clothes from the closet.