Chapter 2.

Caden

"Leave me alone." I growl as Ash won't leave my bedroom. I really ask myself what emotional low I was on as I gave him the keys to my flat.
"She won't go without Beth, please man."
I dig my head deeper into the pillow, hoping to drown out his words.

"Did you see how she reacted? She probably thinks I'm dangerous or something." I mumble thinking about the humiliation that night.
I don't blame her. I would be wary of me too if I was as small as her. She looked so scared and childlike. I couldn't bring myself to talk to her.

I might taint her with my dark thoughts. I won't make that mistake ever again.
"Oh come on, since when are you so whiny. She probably thought you're hot." I scoff.
"Please, I will pay for you. I will even give you money for the gas just please come along."
I know l'll give in to him eventually.
"Fine," I groan, "but I won't wear a fucking button up. Now get the hell out."  I hear his chuckle and that makes me angry. He knew I would say yes. Asshole. As soon as the door closes shut I stand up, in need for a shower.

I really don't want to see her again. Not because I'm not interested in her. God no. She is really hot. More than that even, but I saw the look in her eyes and I'm sure she doesn't want to be there with me either. I'm not her type. I know I'm not, she probably loves guys that are soon to become doctors or lawyers.
I'm not one of those. Even if a part of me wants to convince her that I am her type, I just push it down ignoring it.

I should really stay away from her. But saying that, what harm could one more date do? Ash for some reason thinks going to a fancy restaurant would be a great idea. I don't know how he wants that Lexi girl to get in the right mood with old posh men sitting all around.

I myself would choose the cinema. No talking and there is this really cool movie I wanted to watch for a long time.
I can't believe I said yes.
After drying myself, I put on my boxers and leave the towel on the bathroom floor.
Ash just woke me up and I haven't eaten in a while, so I make my way to the kitchen taking the cereal box and milk with me. Not bothering to use a bowl or a spoon.
Shit, even thinking about the date makes me nervous. Why wouldn't this Lexi girl meet up with Ash alone? She's an adult after all.
My mind can't stop but wander to what Beth is thinking about this.

In my head the best scenario I can come up with is she actually being excited. I imagine her standing in front of her wardrobe, choosing what to wear while smiling at the thought of seeing me again. Maybe pretending that is the case will help me, actually wanting to go.

I chuck down half of the milk, before lighting up a cigarette. I just have to act like a man and suck it up.

Sitting around for what feels like ages, not seeming to get this date out of my head, I decide it's time for a distraction. And distraction always was the same with me.
I quickly get dressed in short joggers and a tshirt, before heading down and across the street towards the local gym where I tend to box ones in a while.

"Long time no see, mate." The short guy I always forgot to ask for his name, nods in my direction.
"Yeah you know, work and stuff." He stands up from the bench in the hall as if he was waiting for me and follows me inside.
"Ah, yes. How's that barbie boy doing?" His geordie accent is thick and I wonder when he moved here from Newcastle. Couldn't have been too long ago.
"Ash? He's good, suppose."
The truth was, I wasn't really up for a chat with the middle aged man. I was here to distract me and beat the fuck out of a punching bag.

"Good, good. He was pretty wrecked that night." I just shrug my shoulders, not really knowing what he's talking about. When was Ash ever drinking with this guy?

"Yeah, gotta get moving. I have somewhere to be later." He just nods, finally leaving me alone.
I get to one of the punching bags, throwing on my bandages and gloves.