CHAPTER 3 - NIGHTMARE OR REALITY? SAME THING, REALLY

HEY GUYS!! it's once again, Tuesday so therefore time for another update of "When Machine's Break!" I am now definitely updating every Tuesday and hopefully sometime during the weekend as well. Anyways sorry to keep you waiting and onto Chapter 3!

LEO'S POV

I woke up about 3 hours later, drenched in sweat, still trying to recover from my horrifying dream. Gods, it all seemed so...so real. Curse Phobetor and his stupid nightmares. Sighing I got out of bed and clumsily banged my head on the cupboard next to me. I trudged over to the door and grabbed my tool belt. Then I went out onto the Argo II for inspections. I first made my way over to Engine Room and met Buford the table. We talked for a bit, mainly about the Argo II and upcoming creations.

After all inspections were done I went back to my room and plopped onto my bed, running my hands through my hair in frustration. It was about 8 AM now, but I didn't bother waking any of the other demigods up.

Just as I was about to go back to bed there was a loud, sturdy banging on my door. "Valdez!" A gruff voice called from outside.

"Yeah?" I answered, annoyed.

"We need to talk!" the voice replied.

"Um, okay, Sure Frank, what do you want to talk about?" I got up and went to open the door.

He marched in, right past me and stood in the middle of my room. He crossed his arms and glared at me.

I looked at him with confusion and then closed the door. Suddenly, without warning as soon as the door was shut he pounced on me and pinned me to the wall, his hands firm on my shoulders, making me bang my head, again.

I winced and cursed under my breath, that was the second time I hurt my head in one morning.

"Listen Valdez" He growled, "I've had enough of your schist! I've had enough of you. Why can't you just leave me and Hazel alone? She's not interested in you!" He spat venomously.

I started shaking, if Frank noticed, he didn't care. I felt like someone was strangling, choking me. I felt like I was reliving that experience again.

(FLASHBACK)

I gulped, it was the dead of night, no one was around, apart from...them. they would kill me if they found out. Correction, Viper would kill me. I ran as fast as I could, running into several alley ways and side roads. Then I came to a halting stop.

"Hehehe" Viper cackled drawling, "Thought you could escape us, huh? Well, to bad, you can never escape us!"

As if on cue two other guys, Sniper and Buffer, lunged at me and held me against the wall. Then they moved to the side, still holding me down. Viper laughed mockingly as he drew a gun right up to my face. "So Valdez, do ya wanna see how deadly a Viper is?" He clicked the gun and fired the bullet, the blast echoed around the alley, the sound bouncing of the grimy walls.

The bullet wedged itself firmly into my forehead. I let out a guttural cry so loud and pained, Ares would be jealous. I stumbled when Sniper and Buffer let me go, I fell onto the ground, still writhing in pain, a few tears slipping through. They laughed cruelly and kicked me a bit before leaving me in the ally way, bloodied, hurt and broken.

(END FLASHBACK)

"So listen Valdez, nobody likes you. You're just a screw up, a mistake, we all hate you. And, if you don't stop hitting on Hazel, well then, I'm gonna make you wish you were never born, I'll make your reality complete nightmares."

And with those last final words Frank dropped me to the floor and stalked out. The smirk on his face was painfully similar to Viper's. I curled up into a ball and shook with quiet sobs, clutching and pulling at my hair. Frank's last words replaying in my mind.

"I'll make your reality complete nightmares."

Lucky for him, he doesn't even need to bother, because my reality and my nightmares? They are the same, there's no difference. My life, awake or asleep is just one big, continuous nightmare, that may never end.

OMG GUYS!! This chapter has 700+ words!! I hope this was worth the wait. I'm not very good at writing angry Frank, so that is why I included more Viper dialogue. This chapter was rather hard to write and I hope I did a good job.

~Althea-Hellfire