three.

Harry.

"Go right in, your visit is of course expected" With that she walks away. I swallow, wishing my dad would maybe utter me some word of reassurance - of course, that's not in his emotional capacity. As we enter a security guard is stood in one corner, and a white-coat in the other. Sat in the middle of the room, at an industrial looking table is Edward.

I exhale slowly, taking one of the two seats opposite him.

"Dad.." He nods at our father.

"Harry.." He does the same to me, hint of a smirk at his lips.

"Edward." I say coldly.

"Long time no see brother." 

We eye each other for a brief moment, I want to describe the feeling I'm experiencing as rage, but it isnt, I just feel cold all over, the hostility radiating from me with everything I can give.

"I still don't understand the security and the white coats, I'm not dangerous" Edward scoffs.

I look at my dad, who patiently waits for Edward to finish talking, brooding silently. The whole moody silence is something that I gained from him.

It took me and my father at least an hour to get out of house this morning, my mum didn't half have a lot of questions. We didn't discuss it but I'm taking that as a 'your mother doesn't know I'm taking you to visit Edward.' My mother was incredibly clear after the birth of Jagger and Ebony's passing that neither me or Flora would have any issue with Edward again, and she most certainly wouldn't be alright with my father putting us face to face.

"So, to what to I owe the pleasure?" He asks us both, leaning forward with a smile as if he's braced for an exciting story or some gossip. I can't help but lean back in my chair, rigid and unsure, unsure isn't something I am often. 

"As you both know it's nearly been 18 months, your psych review is pending and due to your good behaviour and if it goes well.. then you're on release, besides counselling and we are going to put your life back on track" My father says.

"I don't trust him" I just about spit through a clenched jaw, Eddie's eyes leave my father and lock with mine intensely, daunting me, daring me to snap with a smirk. 

"I'm not expecting you to trust him Harry or forgive him. But that's the fact of the matter. The doctors suggested you two meet prior to his release, at least once" My father mediates. 

"Fucking white coats, they've no idea" I say, trying desperately to keep my calm as Edward sits calmly.. even smugly on the other side of the table. 

"Harry you listen to me now, I'm not saying Edward is by any means forgiven of what he did, by anybody in this family, but we have to move on, he's apologised, sincerely, done his time and had his counselling sessions, the doctor knows what he's talking about, if Edward ready then he is ready and we are going to do what we have to" My father says sternly, and his voice is hushed as if it's only intended for me to hear. But of course the room is so silent besides his voice you can hear every breath, every scuff of a shoe or rustle of a jacket.  

I sigh deeply. Edward whistles softly over the silence. What I wouldn't give to throttle him right now, however I feel a psych ward isn't the place to do it. My father waits for me answer to his speech. 

"Fine, do what you have to but I don't want a part of it" I say, biting my tongue. If there is anything I know now isn't the place for the argument. 

"Your mother would be dissapointed" He says quietly. 

"Mum will never forgive him for what he did" I hit back, looking directly at Edward, knowing at least I have this on my side. Some sign of emotion crosses his features, mum is his weak point.

"I'm going to change that" He says, smugness dissolved. 

"Good luck" I snap. 

My father runs his hands over his face tiredly. I take a moment to notice how much he's ageing, wrinkles appearing on his tanned face, once salt and pepper hair getting greyer every time I see him. 

"I suppose this could have gone worse" He says, looking at me with something that looks like humour in his eyes. 

"I agree" I say, sizing up Edward who looks nervously to my father, like a child who has just been told off. 

"I was hoping you might show Harry some respect Edward" My father finally says. I look to him, trying to wipe my satisfaction off of my face. 

"Harry I was sorry to hear about Ebony" He begins but I cut him off. 

"This isn't about her Edward, it's about what you did to Flora, do you think you can have a couple of counselling lessons and that makes her okay, this isn't just about you" I shake my head, the day Flora had yesterday a fresh reminder of the damage Edward has done. 

Silence ensues again. 

"I think I'm done here, I'll meet you in the car" I say to my dad, already half way out of the room. As I walk back through reception I suppose I should have been more prepared for some kind of news like that, I should have realised it had been 18 months. 

There's pretty much silence in the car back, I'm mulling over just how to tell Flora. My dad is brooding, as usual. 

-

"He's finally down, I honestly thought all that chasing the dog around would have tired him out" Flora slips back into the room, still half whispering as though he may wake up even though he's next door. I put my laptop down on the bed, readjusting my glasses and running a hand through my hair which at this point in the night has taken to sticking up at whatever angle it fancies. 

She pulls off her silky robe, leaving it on the back of the door and coming over to the bed wearing just a thong and a t shirt, throwing herself down next to me with a sigh.

"Long day?" I quiz as she looks up at me. 

"Not particularly, must be the country air, Jagger might not be tired but I definitely am" She shrugs. Memories of my afternoon are going round and round my head, I have to do something to get it off of my mind. 

"Flora?"

"Yes" She says, searching over my face for a telltale sign of what I want. 

"Just how tired are you?" I ask, she smirks. Sitting up a little, climbing onto my lap to straddle me. 

"I think I've got a bit of energy left" She mumbles. taking my glasses off and running her thumb over the curve of my ear. 

"Thank god" I mumble, holding where her hips meet her waist as she rubs against my crotch.

"Sometimes I feel old being a mum to a toddler, and then I remember I'm only 20 and I should be having sex all the time" She says,  pressing her lips to mine as I run a thumb over her nipple. 

"I can definitely help you out with that..."