Epilogue

Jason's tan thumb brushed over the stark white band on Y/N's wrist. She smiled as he tenderly kissed the inside of her wrist.

"Do you ever regret it being me?" He said softly against the skin of her forearm.

Y/N sighed as she carded her fingers through his dark locks. "Despite all the rough spots, not for a single moment." Jason hummed and leaned into her touch. He lived for moments like these, where the world melted away and it was just the two of them, happy and together.

Their moment was broken a moment later when a soft knock sounded on their door.

"Mama?" A little boy with dark curls and bright e/c eyes opened the door. He toddled over to the side of the bed and reached his arms up. Y/N pulled him up and he snuggled in between his parents.

"How are you this morning, little man?" Y/N said as she caressed the small face that looked so much like Jason's. The boy didn't respond, but giggled as Jason's fingers brushed lightly down his sides.

Stop it, daddy." The little boy protested. Jason complied, his fingers instead tracing the little dark blue band on his son's wrist. The boy had a long while to wait for his soulmate, but if they were anything like Y/N, they would be worth it.

"How about we get up and I'll make my favorite men some breakfast?" Y/N proposed as she sat up.

"Or, how about you lay down and let your favorite men bring you breakfast?" Jason countered with a smirk. The little boy bounced excitedly at his daddy's words. He loved to be helpful and make his mommy smile.

"Sounds good to me." Y/N said as she laid back down.

Jason got up and picked up his son. He put him over his shoulder and the little boy's giggles echoed through the apartment.

Y/N sighed. At 16, her band had blackened and her world had turned dark. She had lost all hope for the future. The day it suddenly turned white was Earth shattering. How do you mourn for your soulmate and lay to rest your hopes, only to suddenly be closer than close to meeting them.

Meeting Jason that fateful night had been a blessing and a curse. She was terrified to lose him again, but now that she had him, she couldn't let him go. It had taken her a little while to realize that she should enjoy what she had with him, because she almost didn't have the chance at all.

A crash from the kitchen drew her out of her musing. She laughed as she got up to go and save her breakfast from the hands of a toddler and his slightly inexperienced father. So much for breakfast in bed.