| 26 | New Promises

no pov

For days, she had been in bed all day and night. She would only get up to walk around the room or to visit the bathroom.

All four boys would visit her every so often, and so would Mr. and Mrs. Dolan. Jake and Jeremy would entertain her, old school, playing cards - like they would in the good old days-  and talking about everything that had happened to them.

Ethan would bring her snacks, and would crack a few smiles and laughs from her. He even managed to bring her girl best friend over, which made her even happier.

For the first time in forever, she had had a girl talk with her, talking about everything that had happened. She had also said her apologies, for not telling her. And without rancor, the apology was accepted.

Her visit to May's room became often, along with Jake and Jeremy's.

Then there was Grayson, who was always there, most of the time. Always by her side, even if night time had come down rolling down the sky. He wouldn't leave, and so wouldn't his thoughts.

May's state was a constant reminder of what he thought was his fault, and that he was not a good boyfriend, for letting such thing happen to May.

Of course, May had noticed. And they had talked about it. That night, Gray cried on her shoulder, silently sobbing and holding her tight.

"I'll be better" He mumbled against her skin and left a trail of kisses on every bruise and every cut.

She smiled through the tears, and stroked Gray's hair. "You can't. You're already the best, even if it sounds cheesy" She giggled.

He cracked a small smile, and placed a kiss on her lips. "Let's get you better yeah?" His smile grew wider.

They did not know what was coming. Time was ticking.

Soon, they'd both be facing their biggest fears.