Chapter One

Erin Lindsay pulled out her apartment keys and unlocked the door to her charming little home she shared with her literal partner in crime and boyfriend of three years, Jay Halstead.  Walking in she was absolutely exhausted after a long day of paperwork and the coffee machine breaking, so took off her black leather strap boots and left them at the door then took off her olive green jacket and threw it at the coat rack. Not to her surprise, Jay was doing something stupid like he always did when she arrived home. Tonights activity was running around the slick wood flooring in fluffy socks, "Jay, you're gonna fall over and give yourself a concussion" he slid over to her and pulled a pair of blue fluffy socks from his back pocket "Come on it looks fun and you know it" he said looking at her in admiration.

Erin tilted her head in disapproval. "Let me get dressed first, you can't slide in skinny jeans" she walked toward the bedroom and found a pair of sweatpants and chucked them on then came back out to see Jays reaction to falling on his ass. She sighed and looked at him then shook her head, he handed her the pair of socks from his pocket while still on the floor. Jay waited patiently on the floor for her to put them on and then raised his hand "Come help me up?" He said to her. Erin slid on her way to help her partner up. She grabbed his hand and tried to pull him up but Jay swiftly and with ease pulled her down on top of him.

She let out a slight squeal and toppled right onto him. Erin slid off him onto the floor, both of them hysterically laughing. As their laughter died down Jay stood up and lifted up his shining brunette partner. He places his hands on her waist and looked into her Hazel eyes, "You look tired" Jay tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, "I am" Erin put her head to his chest and looked up to see his perfectly chiseled jaw line, Halstead put his head down and kissed her forehead, "couch?" Erin looked past Jay at the ever so comfy couch, slowly blinked and then replied, "Definitely." She slid her way, still in her fluffy socks over to the light brown couch, flung herself onto it and yawned. Jay grabbed two glasses of milk and walked over to an already half asleep Erin Lindsay, she sat up and leaned on the back of the couch, all while Jay was switching over to the car channel, Erin sat up and shook her finger near his face "Do you wanna die?" he groaned and switched to some awful chic flick he had no intention of paying attention to.

Only minutes into it a curled up Erin had passed out, Jay knew she had a hatred for being left in the living room asleep because she always seemed to wake up in the middle of the night so Jay went and grabbed the blanket off their bed and a couple pillows, sat them down and sat next too where his partner had stretched her self out along the couch. Halstead spread the blanket over the couch and Erin, put one of the pillows behind him and lifted Erin's limp head onto the other one then proceeded to run his fingers through her hair and fall asleep with the TV still on.